Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

11 hours ago, gIzzE said:

The idrive controller has not been touched, that is to show how close the Plastikote Matte Black is to the oem finish used on the switchgear. 

No offence intended, I didn't realise it was a F series idrive, just reminded me of the early e60/61 ones

I have the later leather lci one which I feel is much nicer, the one pictured just looks like a backwards step

by BMW to me.

Haha, it's fine mate. 

That photo was taken a while back, it was when I retrofitted the idrive to an E91, must have been around 14 years ago now. 

Blimey, can't believe it was that long ago, but it must be. I had the 535d touring in 2005 and this was my wife's E91 which was a year or maybe 2 later. 

Ahh!

I run older car's, always have can't stand to see my hard earned evaporating

So I run what I do, not new to BMW's but e60/61 yes

Plenty of e30's/e36's & e46's before tho

Retrofitted full beam assist (5CA) it even shows up on the dash. After a test drive still need to play with settings as it doesn't want to turn off if somebody is in front of me moving forward. Oncoming cars it does pick up easily. 

IMG_20200216_151829.thumb.jpg.7e889c1d1cfc4d5be20d355831aa942a.jpg

IMG_20200216_142511.thumb.jpg.9501f83e8de98c9d8a42b1b86f155977.jpg

Managed to get the Ccc working again. Will try if  cheap Wish aux in cable is good or not. 

IMG_20200216_191458.thumb.jpg.3f2c4e38cbb520195b106e30460f2914.jpg

✌
3 minutes ago, Biotoxic said:

Retrofitted full beam assist (5CA) it even shows up on the dash. After a test drive still need to play with settings as it doesn't want to turn off if somebody is in front of me moving forward. Oncoming cars it does pick up easily. 

Managed to get the Ccc working again. Will try if  cheap Wish aux in cable is good or not. 

What did you do to the CCC?

It just stopped working. Dismantled it, soldered some pins for Lvds line and it worked after that.... Not trusting it no more. Might have to look for Cic conversion... 

Oil and oil filter change. never had a car that takes 7.5L before.. lol 

There was a bit of crud build up in there after i used the engine flush before draining it out. On cold mornings the car would cling onto 1st gear for longer than it should do but since the oil change it's much better. 

Car has gone in for a bit of paint this morning - just the front and rear bumpers which are the only parts that really show the car's age.  I think the front bumper had been done before, probably a quick touch up by a dealer to tart it up for sale and the rear bumper had a bit of a graze off another car recently so finally decided to have them done.

I've used the body shop before and they do a good job to be fair and they're taking the bumpers off the car to paint so shouldn't be any tell tale signs from masking up etc.

Going to be without a car for a few days though.  If the job is as good as I hope it is I'll post a few pictures towards the end of the week, assuming it stops raining long enough! 

New MAF sensor fitted today. For a little while I had suspected it had gone, then disconnected it for a bit and the difference was night and day in the throttle response and pick up. The MPG also improved. The car is back to normal now, and driving as it should.

Also used it to tow my motorbike on a trailer to get used to feeling of it. 

Edited by dj1233