Jump to content
Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, MrHooky said:

Replaced rear diffuser with OEM tow bar unit sprayed gloss black....

 

 

EB930F68-503B-44DA-96AB-4F2A185AFE53.jpeg

 

 

9E48BD17-AE28-42CD-BBA7-E52BFD703E9E.jpeg

 

 

I like it. I plan to do my one once the gloss black splitter and skirts I’ve purchased are fitted. Would like to do the roof panel piano black too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitted these grilles, gloss black double slats with chrome outers. 

20190822_132626.thumb.jpg.9ebd2c14b891f09c38a205fa093939fa.jpg

 

Originals were ordinary single slat chrome, but only the slat leading edges were chrome, their sides were black, so not much difference in overall look, especially since the black in the new ones is rather glossy. 

 

Ordered them from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRILLE-FOR-BMW-E60-E61-GRILLE-KIDNEY-DOUBLE-SLAT-M5-LOOK-CHROME-BLACK/282277329533

 

Ordered over the weekend, they were posted on Monday and delivered on Wednesday, not bad from Germany!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Exuptoy said:

 

I like it. I plan to do my one once the gloss black splitter and skirts I’ve purchased are fitted. Would like to do the roof panel piano black too.

 

Best colour A08 silver grey :D. Tint the rear windows.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 5:56 PM, dj1233 said:

 

did you get it coded to the car? (if it was different to the previous one)

Hi dj1233 - No I didn't - don't know how to.  But I'm going to see my indie guy at 12 noon Saturday and he said he could code it to the car and register the battery for me. 

Not sure why I need to do these 2 things.  Car drives fine and I've got as 90 AH battery which is the correct amperage for the car (old one was an 80 Ah). 

Thanks, Nick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jake13 said:

 

Best colour A08 silver grey :D. Tint the rear windows.

 

 

Yep - same as mine :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Irish535d said:

Hi dj1233 - No I didn't - don't know how to.  But I'm going to see my indie guy at 12 noon Saturday and he said he could code it to the car and register the battery for me. 

Not sure why I need to do these 2 things.  Car drives fine and I've got as 90 AH battery which is the correct amperage for the car (old one was an 80 Ah). 

Thanks, Nick

As the battery ages the car limits the charge to what it thinks the current capacity is, your car will still be charging to the old worn out battery level. I had one that would only charge to about 24% until I coded and registered, the next time I saw the car it had never thrown a battery warning since and was charging to around 96% when I checked the charging histogram. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ger said:

Fitted these grilles, gloss black double slats with chrome outers. 

20190822_132626.thumb.jpg.9ebd2c14b891f09c38a205fa093939fa.jpg

 

Originals were ordinary single slat chrome, but only the slat leading edges were chrome, their sides were black, so not much difference in overall look, especially since the black in the new ones is rather glossy. 

 

Ordered them from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRILLE-FOR-BMW-E60-E61-GRILLE-KIDNEY-DOUBLE-SLAT-M5-LOOK-CHROME-BLACK/282277329533

 

Ordered over the weekend, they were posted on Monday and delivered on Wednesday, not bad from Germany!

 

Love those. More standard looking than the all black ones, plus all BMW's new cars have black and chrome grills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, warnie said:

 

Love those. More standard looking than the all black ones, plus all BMW's new cars have black and chrome grills.

 

Not quite. Seems they’ve started to replicate what they see on the strasse.

 

8C668F5C-753C-4266-A6F4-2FD102189281.thumb.png.0da65405c02890d17b78c62dd489664e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took it into the dealer for the battery cable safety recall. Checked and confirmed that all was OK. Presumably there are no parts that are replaced automatically on this recall? No paperwork so no other details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed and cleaned the vanos filters. The lower one, exhaust I think, was clean but the upper one had an extreme amount of sludge round it. It’s transformed the power delivery of the car at low revs. Nice strong surge where there was a hole before.

I can’t understand how there could be so much sludge post oil filter in the oil system. I think I’ll pull the upper one out again at the next oil change just to make sure I’ve got all A’s clean as I can get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

Took it into the dealer for the battery cable safety recall. Checked and confirmed that all was OK. Presumably there are no parts that are replaced automatically on this recall? No paperwork so no other details. 

Only if it needs it. The 'stage 1' repair seems to be just applying grease to the contacts. Must have been what yours needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also fixed the plastic undertrays after I drove onto a kerb and tried to reverse back and almost removed the front bumper...  Took the measurements to fix the oil catch can near the air intake hose, more space at the other side of the engine, but found a nice spot at the same side..

IMG_20190823_130211.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pidgeonpost said:

Do you know which contacts were talking about? Obviously the battery and under-bonnet ones are easy enough for me to check, but are there others please? 

Where the battery cable runs through the boot floor, before they checked from above but cars kept going up in flames so now they have to check from underneath as well, it isn't something you can easily check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pidgeonpost said:

Do you know which contacts were talking about? Obviously the battery and under-bonnet ones are easy enough for me to check, but are there others please? 

Much more info available on the specific thread ('just checked for recalls? battery cable issues' ) if you head over there. 

Edited by mitchgixer6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

Where the battery cable runs through the boot floor, before they checked from above but cars kept going up in flames so now they have to check from underneath as well, it isn't something you can easily check.

 

Agreed, here’s two screenshots from the Citnow video I was sent by Sytner following the recall.

In the first reference to the branch off point you can’t even see it, the second camera angle it was more obvious.

 

1725E6E6-68A4-4A6E-A777-0BDBF9F00F2B.thumb.png.aa528cddc4bc49a9a617d837d45d5080.png

 

128CF8F5-A29A-4D60-9E86-B5F8115B80BA.thumb.png.fe2a6d4a30b83a6c4b3e1c590a77e348.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks good Greg. 

 

Wash and clay bared by car today... The amount of tar spots I've got rid of is ridiculous. 

 

4 hours spend just on the outside of this car today. Shampoo wash then clay bar over every inch I could reach.

 

The centre of the roof had so many tar spots down it which must have been there for years.

 

The clay bar took bloody ages but finally did the job.

 

Next weekend it's the super resin polish and cleaning the interior.

IMG_20190826_175134.jpg

IMG_20190826_180129.jpg

IMG_20190826_180111.jpg

IMG_20190826_180059.jpg

IMG_20190826_175215.jpg

IMG_20190826_175203.jpg

IMG_20190826_180630.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks cleaner and smoother. Try to get the wax on to seal it as soon as possible. Aquick run around the car tonight, as it cools, wouldn't be a bad thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ger said:

Looks cleaner and smoother. Try to get the wax on to seal it as soon as possible. Aquick run around the car tonight, as it cools, wouldn't be a bad thing.

 

Took your advice... Lol

IMG_20190826_202828.jpg

IMG_20190826_202839.jpg

IMG_20190826_203202.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×