Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Excuse the schoolboy question but is Protools worth getting and do I need all these other options? Can Protools handle most work?

Excuse the schoolboy question but is Protools worth getting and do I need all these other options? Can Protools handle most work?
I would rate it over Carly and there crap half translated fault codes and subscription based app

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

On 18/07/2019 at 01:26, mitchgixer6 said:

Hi mate 

Any info on what you you did to resurrect the diversity? Mine has really crap range just now, still works. Cleaning with electrical cleaner not cutting it anymore. 

I saw this product the other day and wondered if it would help?

https://www.granvilleoil.com/prodInfo?pID=5

Granville Electro Connector is a silver based, do it yourself electrical repair kit specifically designed to repair broken rear window demisters. It will also repair printed circuit boards, radio antenna connections, alarm systems and other low voltage electrical installations.

3 hours ago, Chu said:

They need painting, look to bolted on.

I don't mind them, they look like extended shadowline trim, they 'sort of' balance out with the black trim higher up. 

Not too sure how they would look body colour matched, has anyone got these and painted them?

After going to get 4 wheel tracking done last week and being told the rear toe & camber bolts were seized,  i spent an hour this morning sorting that out. Thankfully it was easier than i thought it would be. I then went and got 4 wheel alignment done so that's ok for the next year or so. 

Gave the interior a quick clean out after having the kids for the holidays. There is no way i would not have leather seats in a car again; so much easier to keep clean and maintain compared to cloth. 

Edited by dj1233

Today was an oil and filter change, plus fitting the new oil level sensor too.  Unfortunately i did not full research how to fit this until discovering you have to remove the reinforcement plate, easy enough to take off but still a pain as you have to remove more of the bolts on the undercarriage. 

None the less all done now and the fault is gone. Hoping it clears the MOT with no issues flagged up on Friday. 

18 hours ago, RandomName said:

Washed in prep for mot tomorrow. Thinking of running a book on what it will fail on. There are a few things that are boarder line but I’m hoping it’s me being paranoid.

Good luck for the big test. I've never been as worked up for an MOT in my life as I was for my last one a few weeks ago! Maybe because the car is getting older with fairly high miles. Stressing about it for weeks. :lol:

1 hour ago, mitchgixer6 said:

Good luck for the big test. I've never been as worked up for an MOT in my life as I was for my last one a few weeks ago! Maybe because the car is getting older with fairly high miles. Stressing about it for weeks. :lol:

About to leave for it now. Have two cars up today. The first (french) one passed this morning. The 5 has me on edge tho.

On 8/11/2019 at 6:30 PM, fizz said:

Bilt and hamber wheel cleaner... Bloody stinks but does an awesome job. 

IMG_20190811_162440.jpg

IMG_20190811_162450.jpg

IMG_20190811_165435.jpg

IMG_20190811_170644.jpg

Bilt and hamber excel with every product they do. Especially that wheel cleaner. 

On 12/08/2019 at 21:32, dj1233 said:

Today was an oil and filter change, plus fitting the new oil level sensor too.  Unfortunately i did not full research how to fit this until discovering you have to remove the reinforcement plate, easy enough to take off but still a pain as you have to remove more of the bolts on the undercarriage. 

None the less all done now and the fault is gone. Hoping it clears the MOT with no issues flagged up on Friday. 

Today I fitted the clips I broke when refitting the retaining plate. Thankfully a relatively quick job and the car is now already for MOT time tomorrow. 

My MOT is on Monday, fingers crossed. I've only done 2k miles since the last one, so perhaps it may pass again. It has been sitting for 5 weeks and the disc surfaces are rusted after all the rain we've had, so I'll have to do a lot of braking on the way to the garage to clean those up !

Edited by Tuvoc

28 minutes ago, dj1233 said:

take the long route there to get the cat warmed up too, and give it some welly to get everything hot. 

Well the MOT expired while I was away so I have to take the direct route !  I'll get the engine hot on the driveway before I go.

2 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Well the MOT expired while I was away so I have to take the direct route !  I'll get the engine hot on the driveway before I go.

Don't think there's a rule to say you have to take the shortest route to the MOT if the old one has expired. Only journey you can make is to get it tested, but don't think there's a limit on distance for that journey. 

Good luck with it. 

31 minutes ago, mitchgixer6 said:

Don't think there's a rule to say you have to take the shortest route to the MOT if the old one has expired. Only journey you can make is to get it tested, but don't think there's a limit on distance for that journey. 

Good luck with it. 

It's directly to the test station iirc. 

17 minutes ago, Deviant said:

It's directly to the test station iirc. 

Indeed, but no limitation to say you have to travel to your nearest test station. And no limitation to say how far you are allowed to travel to get there. 

Tbh its very unlikely that you will be stopped on the way there. And if you are as long as you have proof of your test on that day I doubt you would run into any problems. 

27 minutes ago, mitchgixer6 said:

Indeed, but no limitation to say you have to travel to your nearest test station. And no limitation to say how far you are allowed to travel to get there. 

Tbh its very unlikely that you will be stopped on the way there. And if you are as long as you have proof of your test on that day I doubt you would run into any problems. 

We've all gone days/weeks or even months before realising the mot is out and ANPR didn't pick up on it. A bit googling suggests there isn't a rule about how far you travel, but if you pop to the shops on the way, they'll argue you're driving without a valid mot. Driving two hours instead of getting an mot locally isn't going to cut it either. You must have a prebooked appointment and be able to prove it. You don't have to be taxed but do have to be insured. If you aren't driving a fairly direct route you're leaving yourself more open to get pulled and a ticket. 

Edited by Deviant

All valid points, but a bit ott in my opinion. As long as you have proof you have a test that day (as I mentioned in my previous post) I doubt you would have an issue. How are the police to know that the only appointment you could get that day wasn't at your nearest test station? Or that perhaps you're not traveling there from your home address? 

The point was about travelling a bit further in order to get the car warmed up. Wouldn't be a problem, and I wouldn't have an issue doing it.