Jump to content
Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Recommended Posts

so.. after about a year of randomly reading through the threads at different forums and about half a year after I get my hands on a mulf2high basis(28.09.2010) I finally managed to get it working with my #0305 E60 pre-LCI .... Still needs to do a bit of coding done, but getting there. So $644 and $6FL has been successfully retrofitted and the CAT S61 is connected to the car now. Happy days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Biotoxic said:

so.. after about a year of randomly reading through the threads at different forums and about half a year after I get my hands on a mulf2high basis(28.09.2010) I finally managed to get it working with my #0305 E60 pre-LCI .... Still needs to do a bit of coding done, but getting there. So $644 and $6FL has been successfully retrofitted and the CAT S61 is connected to the car now. Happy days.

What reason was it fitted for?

I noticed my mates has one and mine doesn't so now I want one :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoNz0 said:

What reason was it fitted for?

I noticed my mates has one and mine doesn't so now I want one :ph34r:

When I got the car Bluetooth wasn't working, sounds cut out randomly and CCC restarted on its own at least once a day. Removed the old mulf from the loop by fitting a bypass and it sorted it. Found out I can upgrade the module to a more up to date one so I went for it. Easy to do on a LCi, but problematic to do for the  Pre-lci. Went for the hardest option..

Edited by Biotoxic
Fixed mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biotoxic said:

When I got the car Bluetooth wasn't working, sounds cut out randomly and CCC restarted on its own at least once a day. Removed the old mulf from the loop by fitting a bypass and it sorted it. Found out I can upgrade the module to a more up to date one so I went for it. Easy to do on a LCi, but problematic to do for the  Pre-lci. Went for the hardest option..

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Peggowski said:

I think mulf2hi gives you the option to add USB aux to your car.

I had read that as well, never looked on his car to see how it worked. My CIC has it in the form of reading a USB stick but I think this works as some form of tethering, not sure if it still applies to the universal android cradle.

Edited by GoNz0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washed it and buffed out some scratches with the meguars kit. Not a miracle cure but did work really well on the light scratches... plenty more to do when I get time!

 

Of course it's already got bird shit and tree sap on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitted these I got from Mtec brakes.

 

I'm pretty impressed as aside from solving my high speed/hard brake judder they look smart with the black e-coat and even taking it easy bedding them in; the difference in stopping power is fantastic.

 

Great price too.

 

I'm gonna do the rears next just for the aesthetics!

 

 

20190511_145455.jpg

Edited by wakey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get the phonebook working  on the MULF2HIGH  also AUX IN function is working through the mulf using AUX in wire(sound over the MOST). Managed to play youtube with an aux in connected to the phone and when the phone is connected to seperate bluetooth unit.  Now a bit more coding to do so that  USB is shown in CCC, currently its greyed out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having replaced the HID bulb, ballast, new hid kit, fitting wiring harnesses and error cancellers and still only having an intermittent working driver side HID bulb I checked the battery condition in the secret menu to see if a faulty battery is the reason. The voltage readings I got were 12.1V with the car off and 13.6-7V with the car running. Does this seem normal or is it low enough to not be supplying enough power to fire both HID bulbs?

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Duff said:

Having replaced the HID bulb, ballast, new hid kit, fitting wiring harnesses and error cancellers and still only having an intermittent working driver side HID bulb I checked the battery condition in the secret menu to see if a faulty battery is the reason. The voltage readings I got were 12.1V with the car off and 13.6-7V with the car running. Does this seem normal or is it low enough to not be supplying enough power to fire both HID bulbs?

Cheers.

 

Mine reads over 14 when the car is running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edd_jedi said:

 

Mine reads over 14 when the car is running.


Do you think the .4V drop from yours would be enough to not supply enough power to both HID bulbs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duff said:


Do you think the .4V drop from yours would be enough to not supply enough power to both HID bulbs?

No but a guy on the FB groups having the same problem with one HID, even new ballasts are still doing it. Beginning to think it's a current issue causing the LM to trip out. The LM controls the voltage output not the alternator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoNz0 said:

No but a guy on the FB groups having the same problem with one HID, even new ballasts are still doing it. Beginning to think it's a current issue causing the LM to trip out. The LM controls the voltage output not the alternator.

Cheers. Any way to combat it? I got the blown bulb errors coded out and the problem started a week or so after that. Would that have anything to do with it do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duff said:

Cheers. Any way to combat it? I got the blown bulb errors coded out and the problem started a week or so after that. Would that have anything to do with it do you think?

Use a relay to take a live feed from the battery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GoNz0 said:

Use a relay to take a live feed from the battery.

Cheers for the help. Now just gotta figure out how to do that haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ceramic grease is meant to be suitable for high temp fittings, so far it has dried out on my brakes (I use ATE paste now) but today has proper pissed me off. I used it when I refitted the turbo bolts as BMW say to use an anti seize compound, the result was 2 stripped  bolts and a bent one (lucky it didn't snap but I worked it out with some penetrating spray)

 

Anyway I now have to wait until Friday to get a full set of turbo bolts for £68 :blink:

 

Also purchased some Nickel never seez as specified by BMW.

 

The bastard part is they have been in under a year and torqued correctly 

 

Gdhi_1zrLIi5Vn0nSloHY2wdciiP5G5zkxvpqWfRhjH5f3ZIhzyUMWXNQWaJnG8gkavXmfR9tXG90X3-4YHHuclHTk6Kw82NT5-2HVcXI0jUXcIiN5LagCbqFA5OJ0fImCZxtI9Fwgi7fylFV5uDhm-cwHqxFrkgfwzLyaPknrjrRKqaY2kQ-PzId7ozFJBjAVd1Gm91EGJsWpx8_CdQgPitcpLYBhB224d1zyMw_y_qntaTESz8hogEH-CiDDn_uU3YjeUzQ30eabEyEDpVcbHdezzYKRoEVMhCOSQRNQMo6omLgnRi7Zb6VnL6fdSbc2ndcjVS5739_RojxsqFEtquK3Q1zez08Sd5DABXsvrxgYtGVVmd-ff5WHtLGZryrdal1f72NkjF8Yg_WMmM7hBdBaewbz-un_NdCBF3yfAZRFnPXRguR-9Bz6nJFqb54LwwwBaPEthDvjXvcF2PzAhw5U4VsK78SNl-6-zDBggiyeREf9DSowKddoDCg6oC8_20VQW8TZ9bhQlTnM2qKWS2zyE2rm_nT4mzeK2qqwp-pbwojsqcoilV_PKoMCmkXKSYoMo0s-wmS-giiFH8EC4v6OtYW49x-bBtLtQBPWh78TrjNaawGf4rKg0pyMi0Wnf9gYAOVm8rJA4yyMrhjalcJdwUDngu=w3350-h1884-no

 

lF6Hd1REsB_R9RIq0T_bbmJ909iwi0IcOG6wmOWkMp3D_Bg6RKWM803vLwOZXiDj_fUt41iTKEUVoQlRuBGgSC8HmgJ5ScjG84Wq-BOhmq6Sm9hz0bilWZTzXgPxa5Acc9W1EoFdYOOehQ58dRxUkCDiGo5J4-rJOVrUCbkMh9liEM-dAN_sH6ML6iGvreRsA5jJ86qN6s2uvbMJquACcsvscD6N0ACkU3U8zpQy3bx1U0I5LvNGCHVrxAkWAr1yVNQv8EV0-gaSInwrgWUMBtEltakArQ8-dOofXiYUNTtGYKxClXTmqQ9ycUvuFDOhkPpSvyjUbpWdhcSGCDAs3-wshxImi3aN3AOTIC7AoRGUemiw4s8J_AMuRw_ngriR8xybBGphSATutbL9xc4OwJkofxCHXTh6kefEh9G2Ykp7q-QUARBkWzroK4QsJlHZvGK3DuN6vHLdV7EUqlkQVvlCqwzWX7XvoUluzrtV04vS-q20o04Y8-W78W45x6uTbehdjom3pGpOd5C12jIGGPg1OM_TyVSXkGJRf4h6Fq9N-Yv6EFrQKdxz4MtM1PRroGk2CXSUDQ8OOWY9jg-4Po112ioNaCmXQBJqOwwVyN8IGH34we9_Fx_3pjs8At29la8YNz7ZkWnCqt8-t4jOWBFv3j7_yyYP=w3350-h1884-no 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not good! Maybe run a tap down the bolt holes as it looks like the bolts may have left some thread behind?  
Yeah I'm going to.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My steering wheel was looking a bit like one from a 200 thousand mile Toyota minicab, so I thought I try a £17 Chinese Ebay special......

OK its not perfect at the moment, but it's very close! I can undo the thread and try again one day. (I would blame the installer (me) and not the product)

 

1850714628_2019-05-1912_26_30.thumb.jpg.8d4e8ccdf2929cec04bd28c3a41d3501.jpg

 

I then decided to go out for a leisurely drive in the Dorset countryside to remind myself of why I bought this car..... "A day out of Dorset, is a day wasted!!"

 

2097030983_2019-05-1912_25_24.thumb.jpg.e6e687353028322381c20fe5555ae3c6.jpg

 

RgdS Paj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paj said:

My steering wheel was looking a bit like one from a 200 thousand mile Toyota minicab, so I thought I try a £17 Chinese Ebay special......

OK its not perfect at the moment, but it's very close! I can undo the thread and try again one day. (I would blame the installer (me) and not the product)

 

1850714628_2019-05-1912_26_30.thumb.jpg.8d4e8ccdf2929cec04bd28c3a41d3501.jpg

 

I then decided to go out for a leisurely drive in the Dorset countryside to remind myself of why I bought this car..... "A day out of Dorset, is a day wasted!!"

 

2097030983_2019-05-1912_25_24.thumb.jpg.e6e687353028322381c20fe5555ae3c6.jpg

 

RgdS Paj

Waits for car died in ford thread lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×