Twiglet

What did you do to your E60/61 today?

Removed the 525i

10 minutes... 1 kettle of boiling water to heat, soften and degrade the glue... 1 old CD to provide a plastic edge 'knife'... 1 dettol wipe to remove residual traces of glue. Job done.

Back end looks that bit more 'balanced' now.... (and will look better still when I get around to washing the car).

Tea and toasted, buttered muffins earned methinks :D

Well not technically 'to' my E61 ... but certainly 'for' it... just downloaded Carly Pro and ordered the BT adaptor. Should save a good bit over the long term :D

Finally got round to fitting new front pads and discs. No real surprises apart from the Allen screw that located the disc being a devil to shift on both sides.

What a joy it must be to have a lift and not have to grovel around on hands and knees to do the job.

With 57k on the clock and one previous owner in his 60's I reckon these were the original items. Pads were marked Ate and Jurid with BMW roundel. New ones were also genuine and marked Textar.

03be7609a7bca57fbeabbc5f6f79532e.jpg

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Finally reset my headlights to UK pattern and also cleaned out the screenwash filter (rear one was missing a filter so will need to buy a new one). Filters were clogged with black scum so I assume someone ran it on water for a while causing the buildup perhaps.

relatively easy and I was super cheap by catching all the old fluid in a bucket then put it back in via a filter to catch any dirt lol. BMW screen wash is about a tenner!

Ant

On 09/10/2016 at 3:37 PM, HandyAndy_UK said:

Well not technically 'to' my E61 ... but certainly 'for' it... just downloaded Carly Pro and ordered the BT adaptor. Should save a good bit over the long term :D

You'll love it.... then hate it when you realise that when you want to do a service reset you pay extra for it, along with dvd in motion, DPF regen etc, before you know it your another £40 lol. 

You'll love it.... then hate it when you realise that when you want to do a service reset you pay extra for it, along with dvd in motion, DPF regen etc, before you know it your another £40 lol. 

Maybe, but it does a lot for the basic price, it's convenient to use, and think of the money you save by not having to buy a new laptop after it's fallen off yer lap.

9 minutes ago, pidgeonpost said:

Maybe, but it does a lot for the basic price, it's convenient to use, and think of the money you save by not having to buy a new laptop after it's fallen off yer lap. emoji6.png

Very true, i use mine quite a bit actually, just thought with the £80 total price (app and adaptor) you would get things like dpf regen etc but hey ho. 

Very true, i use mine quite a bit actually, just thought with the £80 total price (app and adaptor) you would get things like dpf regen etc but hey ho. 

You're right, it's not the cheapest to buy initially. I paid for the DPF regen option as I thought it was worth the £10 or was it €10 - can't remember.

My main criticism is that it reports on all these different functions without me being able to tell whether the figure is good or bad. Haven't checked their website for a while - might have improved by now.

After I got the E61 and gave it a full check over I reset the service indicator myself using the procedure outlined by Awy in this thread.

Worked perfectly and been fine since.

The Carly though, should be ideal for things like LED lamps and coding a few bits and bobs.

Installed my Dension 500S BT Gateway and DAB+G system.  Also installed my Audison bit DMI MOST digital interface for my future audio system upgrade.

Installed my Dension 500S BT Gateway and DAB+G system.  Also installed my Audison bit DMI MOST digital interface for my future audio system upgrade.

how much was the dab kit? any good, any pics of the interface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, kjb1 said:

how much was the dab kit? any good, any pics of the interface?

I paid £497 for the Dension Gateway 500S BT with DAB+G Bundle, the Windscreen mounted active DAB antenna, the BMW specific microphone and the iPod connector lead.

So far, it seems good, although there are a couple of issues that need resolving.  The kit is hidden in the glove box, so pics are a bit difficult, but take a look at Gateway

It's coded into the CIC, and you access it via the CD menus as it emulates the changer.

I mean of the interface itself not the hardware. Its not going to be an option for me by looks of it, as I have kufatec bluetooth. Im going to get dab at some point, not sure which route I will go however

I mean of the interface itself not the hardware. Its not going to be an option for me by looks of it, as I have kufatec bluetooth. Im going to get dab at some point, not sure which route I will go however

15 hours ago, Dotcom1970 said:

I paid £497 for the Dension Gateway 500S BT with DAB+G Bundle, the Windscreen mounted active DAB antenna, the BMW specific microphone and the iPod connector lead.

So far, it seems good, although there are a couple of issues that need resolving.  The kit is hidden in the glove box, so pics are a bit difficult, but take a look at Gateway

It's coded into the CIC, and you access it via the CD menus as it emulates the changer.

Im selling my cic with dab if anyone interested.

Passed MOT, poor old girl has been neglected this year whilst ive been doing my house up but will have to set aside a day soon for a proper wash and winter seal, good car!

Fitted new front pads and sensor. One of the old pads was falling apart and the material was only held on by about 1cm right in the middle of the pad.

New rears tomorrow and handbrake adjustment then it should pass the mot on saturday.

Once that's done I will be fabbing up a dpf delete pipe and remapping it.

1 hour ago, Medved77 said:

Would love to see a pic when you get time to fit these.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

When I find time to get them on I will take a few pictures. I think I need to drill 1 or 2 holes and I am not looking forward to do that as I am worried about rust issues at later stage! 

When I find time to get them on I will take a few pictures. I think I need to drill 1 or 2 holes and I am not looking forward to do that as I am worried about rust issues at later stage! 

Surprised if you have to drill holes. Surely they just fix where the existing arch liner fixings are?

Anyway wouldn't worry too much, I cut big holes in my wings 2 years ago n it's still fine!