Sandip

North London/Herts Meet - 1st Wed of every month

My E39 is going in for repairs soon following an altercation with a deer, but while that's being done I'm having her tidied up and the wheels refurbished (at last!) so hopefully I might be able to make a meet-up near The Galleria in April/May. I suppose I should start thinking about getting the Alpina back on the road...

Passion still here, but it's the time that seems to keep disappearing...and a combination of deadlines all within about 3 days of each other, means no wriggle-room on this one, despite saving it in the diary early.

Personally I find it easier to do weekday evenings than weekends, but it does make Autumn/Winter meets a bit less appealing, as the only incentive then is the great company :grin: , and I do like to see people's cars too!

Duncan and I managed to attend one evening within the past year, though it was a bit of an intimate beer-for-two evening... :rolleyes:

One option is to dispense with arranging a date to suit all, and simply make it a fixed day, such as the 1st/2nd/3rd Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday of the month and the worst case is you go for a drive to a pub with nice food.

A quick reminder post on here the week before and give opportunity to confirm if the journey is worthwhile for those with a longer journey.

The fixed point in the month means planning is easier, though a few random meets during Summer months would allow for those who can't do the regular meet.

"Got to be out tonight dear, as it's that time of the month...forumBMW5 time!"

(Maybe monthly is too often all year round)

What do you think?

I'm up for a meet but like Alex my best planning often gets ruined by family and life! Both my wife and I are self-employed and she gets contracts with about 3 days notice usually!

Week days are best i find as weekends get eaten up with family stuff, but if the wife gets a job i become house bound.

Whats the score here guys? I'm up for it, me and the B10 you all wanna have a looky at :)

I'm up for a meet too, have tried to gibe enough warning but as the day nears more and more people drop out.

Once a month is a but too much for me, but if there was one suggested I could come as I please.

I would stick with a Wednesday, maybe the first one of a said month?

Weds are fine for me. Where do you do it? Not that it matters I'm up for a drive!

I'm up for a meet but like Alex my best planning often gets ruined by family and life! Both my wife and I are self-employed and she gets contracts with about 3 days notice usually!

Week days are best i find as weekends get eaten up with family stuff, but if the wife gets a job i become house bound.

Lets just come to your house bud lol

Youre not a million miles from me so I could come along, would be good to meet some people. As with everyone else theres all the family/car in various states of repair shenanigans going on but sure I could make an appearance, my cars couldnt be broken all at the same time lol!

The Date: First Wednesday of the month as a regular slot.  (with a reminder to see if it will be a mega-meet or a maybe-next-time.)

The Place: The Crooked Chimney (Cromer Hyde Lane, Lemsford, Welwyn Garden City AL8 7XE)

The time: about 7.30pm, though there's nothing formal about it, and people arrive at a selection of times, especially when their navigation is as bad as mine...

That makes the next meeting 1st April- and I am on holiday! :oops:

Surely I can make it in May, but no promises... :roll: