Calypso-E34

HELP! Minecraft / Java problem - Need it fixed tonight for my Daughter!

Downloaded Minecraft to the laptop after paying £19 for the thing, and it won't load. I can't even copy and paste the error.  I have the latest version of Java, and the machine is a laptop running Windows 7 32 bit.

This is part of the child's Christmas gift, and all she talks about.  I've been at this since bloody lunchtime.

Can anyone help?

Might be worth taking a screen shot of the error if you unable to copy and paste the error.

If you hit the PrtSc button it will take a screen shot of your window, this can then be pasted into Word or any of your image manipulation software, this could be shared with us to provide you further help. 

Thanks chaps. I've tried a lot of things including driver updates etc.

My wife has told me to stop now and be social. The little one has been promised an alternative for now, and I'll have a go again when I can contact the game people.

Thanks chaps. I've tried a lot of things including driver updates etc.

My wife has told me to stop now and be social. The little one has been promised an alternative for now, and I'll have a go again when I can contact the game people.

This is part of the child's Christmas gift, and all she talks about.

/quote]

Don't they just, they go mad for it. Don't see the attraction myself, but my daughter spends most of her life watching YouTube videos of people playing the game.

You have a 32bit version of Java? 

Will keep an eye on this thread my son has minecraft and is a wizz with it so hopefully we can help you.

Leigh

Massive thanks to Mark 'Sepia' - problem solved - I just needed to use an earlier version.

Mark, thanks so much for taking time out on Christmas Eve - you're a good man - Santa even!

No worries matey. Glad to of been able to help. Merry Xmas ;)

OK, thread from the Dead time!

Just installed Minecraft on a brand new Windows 8.1 machine.  No problem, no issues, done in 10 minutes.  This was my first attempt at using Windows 8 too, so happy with the way it went!

I still use Win 7 at work, and at home I abandoned Microsoft altogether in favour of a MacBook about 18 months ago.

I wonder if I might have been a little hasty..........

The machine I bought for the little one is a Toshiba Radius 11 Signature edition, which I bought direct from Microsoft, so there's no crappy third party crapware on there from day one.  Easiest thing I ever set up, and it's a cracking wee thing.

So - on Christmas Day I'll be able to concentrate on something else - not driving myself insane with tech!

LINK

Edited by Calypso-E34