RJS

What have you done in your e12 Today, or yesterday, maybe last week.. month?

image.thumb.jpeg.25e9563f1adb853cd44f609That was exactly my thought which is why when a set of RS's came up I bought them 

Edited by Joss

Joss, that looks great. I had a set years ago on a previous E30 M3, naturally I sold them for buttons thinking I wouldn't need them again !

I'd not seen those, I will see how they are doing if I get home from work in time.

Cheers mate. Paid £750 for mine from a nice chap from London. They are original E30 M3 as they are all 8J. He has an e9 and an e3 he was restoring. Lost his details now as it would be nice to see how he was getting on with them. Funnily enough a set of alpinas popped up about a week later for the same price. Did you win the bid? 

Thanks mate, I spotted those last night and had just about convinced myself I could justify them......right up until ten minutes ago when I've just blown a whopping great hole in my rear box! ( sounds good at full chat mind you!)

Thanks mate, I hadn't considered them to be honest, I had been looking into the best approach. I would like a bit more voice but not over the top, have you heard a Fritz system , any good ?

oh and I've just book mine in to have its stripes put on.........fingers crossed it won't look gash! 

I have got a Fritz 6 branch and full system on my E28 and in my opinion it is too loud, you have heard it on mine Joss? Added to this the back box is all the wrong shape and so aesthetically it looks wrong too.

My advice would be to take a leaf out of Splondike's book (AKA Mark) and get a system made to match yours by Powerflow, you even get a choice of noise level. For the time being I will leave my e12 alone, I think I have spent enough! :rolleyes:

Thanks mate, I hadn't considered them to be honest, I had been looking into the best approach. I would like a bit more voice but not over the top, have you heard a Fritz system , any good ?

oh and I've just book mine in to have its stripes put on.........fingers crossed it won't look gash! 

I think it's the system rather than the manifold that's noisy but agree with Ja the back box is wrong

My e28 fritzs manifold is for sale btw ;)

I've got what's left of a 3. 2 stage still available from BMW but more than an SS system. Walloth Nesch is somewhere near the same price. had a quote for a custom Powerflow system at £450. Other than that you are thin on the ground for options

Todays list

2 New Michelin PS3's

New under bonnet foam

New header tank cap

New rear bumper rub strips but I won't be fitting these until the bumper is re-chromed

New eccentric trailing arm bushes

New rear brake disc backing plate are finally gonna get fitted with the handbrake springs

Used Sunroof motor

New NLA window rubber inserts (lucky ebay find last week)

Fully refurbished power steering pump

New PS pipes

Still got to get the NLA pipe remade locally.

Busy busy  

Evening lads.......stripes...!

Thoughts welcome, I appreciate they won't be to everyone's taste but I love 'em and I'm a big boy so I can take it :)

Next stop will be some Billies and a welcome gentle drop.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Personally. Smashing your a little different and bold. I do like. But then as I have repeatedly said. We are all different if we were all the same we'd all be driving a focus. Not that there's anything wrong with a focus.

Welded up the floor mount for the accelerator pedal and final took the sunroof motor out only to discover the one I bought is the wrong one 

I have started on mine, polished the alloys, cleaned all the bright work and fettled the interior oh and fitted the recently recovered steering wheel. As it is black and collects every bit of dust going, I will leave the paintwork until I am ready to use it. A similar process awaits my E3.