j2112

Reset transmission memory

Do not reset adaptations, if you do so your resetting the transmission so to speak, or rather to new, I would not recommend doing so, e.g resetting a gearbox with a 100k of wear to factory fresh isnt a good idea the gearbox has adapted with use and it should stay that way, the only time would be for a valve body or torque converter replacement imo...

When i did this reset on my previous e60 auto, it only lasted a week then back to normal gear changes. Whatever issues/jerks you have it's only a temp fix

Thanks for the replies.

I don't know that I have any issues as the car is new to me, but I just wondered about this. I came across the vid while looking for the temp menu instruction (which I'm trying in the next few days).

I'll leave it alone!

Assuming you are talking about the foot on accelerator with ignition on trick, I have never got it to work (that I noticed) and if it did, it wouldn't have the same effect as resetting adaptations mentioned earlier.

Give it a try, all you have to lose is a minute of your life.

Foot on accelerator = reset of driving style adaptions... (if this even does anything)

Full transmission reset, resets bite points etc in transmission to factory/new.  As mentioned above, not a good idea on a worn box as it will not operate correctly until it re-learns what is going on.  This can only be done by connecting a diagnostic computer.

I tried it and nothing changed, unless i was doing something wrong.. However after mine went in to the dealer a couple of years ago for the battery connection and security update, i noticed the gear change was different.