Kendo

Fairwell KendoBus.... :'(

KendoBusE36.jpg

So another KendoBus made it's journey to a new owner. A great car, but just lacked the space I need (although you'd be surprised at what you could actually fit in the boot of one).

I really dont want to leave my comfort zone and completely move away from BMW/German, but I'm struggling to get a tourer/estate that's either not far to much for what it is or completely feckled.

I'll be sure to keep you all informed with what I get

Balls, nice E36 that!  I'm sure you'll find the right car dude, E39 touring perhaps.....

looked a nice E36 Coupe though. What cars have you viewed so far as a next purchase?

To be honest, I've trawled through tons of BMW's / Audi's / Merc's / Volvo's / VW's /Etc but nothing looks any decent.

I would like a really sorted facelift e39 530d sport tourer manual (by sorted, something I dont have to pull straight into the garage/bodyshop and bankrupt myself putting right), prefebly a late 03 with good spec, but they just don't seem to come up for sale, or if they do they are eye watering money! 

that is real clean that - what's the spec and how much it go for?

97 328i Sport, usual toys like air/con, leather, OBC, ASC, (No LSD due to the ASC, apparently that stopped on cars 95 N? But not totally sure).

I never kiss and tell with my women Mr Shaz you cheeky lad ;) ... Yeah, being modest with this one as the new owner my be on this(other BMW) forum's, so out of fairness I will let them disclose that themselves.....

P.S. I hate being KendoBusLess :'(

97 328i Sport, usual toys like air/con, leather, OBC, ASC, (No LSD due to the ASC, apparently that stopped on cars 95 N? But not totally sure).

Correct a good mate has a lovely black sport with all the toys and his to has the ASC and no slipper its around the facelift i think which is 96.

I reckon day to day they're  abetter car than the M and certainly rarer!

Haha sorry mate, im straight up blunt with my questions :D

Nothing to be sorry about pal, I'd normally say! Just being kind to the new owner.

Correct a good mate has a lovely black sport with all the toys and his to has the ASC and no slipper its around the facelift i think which is 96.

I reckon day to day they're  abetter car than the M and certainly rarer!

Well there really isnt much between the 328i/M3. I'm positive apart from the obvious Engine/Brakes. bits and bobs, there nearly the same. Pretty sure they share the same bilsteins/springs, perhaps thicker roll bars, but all in all there similar to drive albeit down on power....

Personally when I knocked about in my E36 M3 many moons ago, I totally prefered to drive it due to the power and M exclusivity. But no doubt, the 328i's less thirst (found mine to be rather okay on the juice), better priced parts, etc would be easier to live with

Driven back to back they are different in subtle ways as well as the power. I'd say the 328 is more exploitable but softer but these days I'd say the 328 sport is rarer. Day to day it's all you need but get an m3 on song and it's another level.

a sensibly priced/condtion 03 plate 530d Sport Touring in manual ............. :lol: good luck with that search! You might uncover a nice SE one a bit easier? otherwise save a few more pennies and buy an early 54/55 plate E61 530d Sport.

What I did notice is that there are quite a few tidy low mileage E46 330d Sport Tourings about, a few manuals too. What about one of those?

You only need something with a bigger boot to fill with guitars, amps and Guinness.......

Hahahahaha.... You know me too well :cool:

a sensibly priced/condtion 03 plate 530d Sport Touring in manual ............. :lol:

Tell me about it :cry: ..........

Really not a fan of the e46 at all, great in M3 guise, but dont like there coupes/tourers/saloon's strangely? Well, I'll keep my eyes peeled, may even look at a 540's but I'm not sure...

I'd suggest you drive an e46 then decide a good one with a big engine is a sorted motor.  I've never liked the e36 styling wise but my e36 B3 touring is the best car i've had so far overall 

I've drove tons (and had an e46 M3 manual). I actually did like one other e46 and that was a 330ci tourer in blue with good spec.. I may look in to those