Shaz H

What “don’t” you like about your E60…

Steering feel

Lack of space for FULL size spare wheel.

Heating controls only via iDrive. (While it works perfectly well, it would be easier if it was on the dash)

No changeable speed for rear wiper on the e61 like there was on the e39 Touring. 

Elbow doesn't sit very comfortably on door

Window opening switches too far from body, so usually open the rear instead of front.

Lack of cubby holes for storage around gear stick/centre console. 

Silly indicators

Silly satnav - shit routes, no 7 digit search (although a Rusty supplied disc rectifies)

Silly tonneau cover mechanism that flicks up and back when opening boot.

Lack of easy AUX input

+1 to elbows, indicators and and especially the light switch!

Yep, the window switch...always open the rear by accident. Also the cheap suede thing covering the back of the steering column and not so great stereo.

Also, auto lights that seem to come on even if a few clouds appear. Anyone else suffer from this?

Yes, quite often. I've noticed if car is clean they wait a little longer.. Don't know why that is.

Yes, quite often. I've noticed if car is clean they wait a little longer.. Don't know why that is.

Cleaner light sensor = car thinking it's brighter out and doesn't need the lights on.

Auto lights on mine are spot on tbf.

+1 on the window switches, I always hit the rear Windows too!

Ohhhh, i actually never sat inside an lci, now i know what your talking about. The pre lci the back window button are in reaching distance and i sometimes keep hitting that

I'm gonna sound like a fan boy but I really like my E60, it looks better now to my eye than when it was launched, I just didn't get the shape but now I appreciate how they made a big car look aggressive and slick at the same time.

Having driven a few of its class competitors of the time they all look old and none drive as well.

BUT.......that God awful rubberized Matt black shit they put on the steering wheel spokes and steering column and window switches, whoever came up with that needs tying  behind a fecking speed boat!

Im also not a fan of the heater knobs! I do like the buttin switches on the E46 which they could of incorporated. It's too simple and really bland in my eyes

I like to have my steering wheel low and because of that i cannot see the top of the speedo. Ideally the gauges should move with the steering column

+1 on the window switches, I always hit the rear Windows too!

Is everyone a shortarse on this site? :-)

They are fine for me! Though I could use a little more adjustment rearwards on the front seats.

Dave

Is everyone a shortarse on this site? :-)

They are fine for me! Though I could use a little more adjustment rearwards on the front seats.

Dave

Haha no we Brits aint as tall as the Germans

I like to have my steering wheel low and because of that i cannot see the top of the speedo. Ideally the gauges should move with the steering column

+1 reason why i over rev :D

Ohhhh, i actually never sat inside an lci, now i know what your talking about. The pre lci the back window button are in reaching distance and i sometimes keep hitting that

I thought you had an LCI? I don't mind my interior but then it's LCI, I've not sat in a pre.

They should have put the cruise stalk on the same side as the windscreen wiper one

Auto wipers are not as good as the e39s,

No "rest" button that used to use any residual heat from the engine to keep interior heating going

Is everyone a shortarse on this site? :smile:

Dave

Just the opposite. It's the short arses that can possibly reach. At 6ft3, I have to have the seat back a fair way