Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

  • Feedback


Flandy last won the day on December 6 2015

Flandy had the most liked content!


About Flandy

  • Rank
  • Birthday 07/22/1978

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
  • Occupation


  • Garage
    E39 530d sport touring, E21 316, E34 540i touring

Recent Profile Visitors

4,489 profile views
  1. Flandy

    Headliner fabric source?

    I don't think that'll work well for large areas, or ones that slide over others. From what I've seen Flocking is good for areas that see no wear, but I have no idea how it would fare on surfaces like the sunroof that have to move over others. I'm also unsure how easy it would be to get a consistent finish, but thanks for the suggestion! I've found a couple of sellers on ebay that sell foam backed fabric, but the colour match is critical, so I think I'll have to ask for samples.
  2. Flandy

    Headliner fabric source?

    Hi all, I've had the headlining out of my touring while I put a new seal on the sunroof, unblock a drain, polish the roof, and repaint the roof rails, but while all this crap is out of the car, it seems an ideal time to renew the grubby and unstuck headlining fabric, but I have no idea where to look for it. It's grey, and has a thin foam backing. Anybody done this, have any advice and a good place to purchase it from? Cheers for any help!
  3. Flandy

    What have you done on your E34 Today

    Not me, but a friend, Radiator bought for an Audi (forget which) from GSF. Interestingly, the model they had, they no longer sell, so it may be that they've realised there are issues with this brand.
  4. Flandy

    Modern Classics.

    Just seen that very same car at the Classic show at the NEC on the Modern classics stand. Very nice it is indeed, but yeah the eyebrows aren't to my taste
  5. Flandy

    What have you done on your E34 Today

    BEHR were once great, but the aftermarket stuff these days seems to have been farmed out for chinese production and the quality of manufacture and materials seems to have really suffered sadly.
  6. Flandy

    What have you done on your E34 Today

    Don't fit a BEHR, absolute worst chinese garbage these days! I can only tell you the Nissens on my 530d has been doing fine for 3 years and still looks good.
  7. Flandy

    E34 540i radiator options..

    I'm thinking of swapping out the regular coolant for Evans waterless stuff. My Dad runs it in his Classic Austin westminster, and in his E39 530D. It's boiling point is way over the engine running temp, so it isn't trying to boil all the time and therefore isn't pressurising the entire coolant system all the time, stressing a bunch of 25 year old coolant pipes, plastic parts etc. It's not cheap stuff, but it's cheaper than a mishimoto radiator, and you can keep the 95*c thermostat with no drawbacks.
  8. Flandy

    Modern Classics.

    Cool, will look that up!
  9. Flandy

    What have you done on your E34 Today

    I've got all the parts to do this on mine too, I need to book in some lift time so i can sort out the brake and fuel lines at the same time. One question, which orientation did you fit the adjusters? Is there a preferred way round? Toe outer, camber inner, or vice versa?
  10. Flandy

    What have you done on your E34 Today

    Hmmm, that's a shame. I know it's not essential, but given the morons out there, I'd prefer to have as many brake lights as possible!
  11. Flandy

    What have you done on your E34 Today

    Do those spoilers have provision for the third brake light? It's hard to make out in the pictures.
  12. Flandy

    Behr/ Hella water pump

    Last one I fitted was to my 530d 3 years ago and was a nissens, no complaints.
  13. Flandy

    Behr/ Hella water pump

    Sounds like my E39 528i when the plastic impeller shat the bed. Cant remember the brand of pump i replaced it with , but it had a welded stainless impeller and lasted at least a further 2 years that i had the car.
  14. Flandy

    What have you done on your E34 Today

    I have this on mine too, I tried adjusting it, and I could only get rid of the play if the steering got stiff everywhere else, I guess a new or refurbished steering box is in order.
  15. Flandy


    My friend has done this with his E36 325 and with a pair of schrick cams, an M3 6 branch manifold and a decent exhaust it makes a solid 240hp. Well worth it if you can get the bits cheaply.