Selling my E39 as I’ve bought an E60 M5 expecting not to like it, but I’m actually really enjoying it. I also have an E34 M5 and an MX5 Track car so juggling 5 cars in suburban London is not practical, so the E39 has to go.
- Selling at £2500
- OEM 540i Sport Auto
- Date of build: 31st July 2002
- Date of UK registration: 25th April 2003
- 1 Year MOT
- Chassis Number GF13849
- 120k miles
- I’ve owned the car since Sept 2012, I’ve spent > £6k on maintenance in that time.
- Nothing came up on HPI when I bought it and it’s not been crashed or stolen in my tenure.
- Car comes with all associated handbooks, wallets, 2 x working remote Keys, 2 x locking wheel nuts
- Private plate will come off before sale
Car condition is decent, I take the tube to work so it’s really only been used to travel to Belgium / France and back with Family a couple of times a year + pootling around SW London on the weekends. It’s fast and smooth, handles excellently and the engine runs nicely, it really has been a fantastic car.
Nice bits of Spec
- Sport Contour Seats with lumbar support etc (not heated)
- Automatic lights
- Air con works / is cold
- OEM Detachable tow bar
- Upgraded BM54 audio module with Aux in cable
- Full OEM satnav with upgraded maps, works well + OEM Bluetooth for Iphone etc
- Electric rear blind
Things that need attention
- PDC is intermittent ( I think I’ve identified one failing sensor)
- Clunky downshift into 1st gear when hot (I’ve lived with this for years, I’ve had the gearbox serviced, Heat exchange replaced etc )
- Handbrake is useless (always has been)
- Brake pipes came up as an advisory
- Rust Came up as an advisory, there’s some on the drivers side rear arch as well as the boot, which is already stripped down ready to change. ( I bought a rust free boot but was damaged in transit and didn’t get round to sourcing a replacement).
I bought the car on 86k miles with a good service history, since then I’ve either done services myself with receipts from GSF / BMW parts etc or had my mechanic do so. Below is a rough list of work done in my ownership, along with mileage. I stopped filling in the sheet at the end of 2017 when life got too busy, but I have various receipts for 2018 to date including this month £70 on wipers plus some new rear brake pads...
MOT& Oil Service
Pixels Repair by Rudi:
Coolant Expansion Tank
MOT, Full service
Gearbox service (inc filter)
Updated sat nav disk
Waterpump, thermostat etc
Headlight washer pumps
Resoldered BM54 Amp
New Viscous Fan Coupling
Water cooled Alternator
New BMW roundel
Replacement PDC sensor
New Front pass Caliper
MOT, Full service, changed Hoses, new thermostat and radiator
Front arms + stalbiliser links
Labour for above
Top mounts, front pads, Locking wheen nut
2 x 235/40R18 Continental 5 Sport
Vapour Barrier rear pass door
Fuel Tank breather valve
Oil Service, Cabin filters, Air Filters, M5 suspension & Top mounts fitted
Rocker cover gaskets, coil pack + Spark plugs
MOT + Brake pads fitting front
New Waterpump, O rings, gasket etc
Heat Exchange, Aircon Regas, Hoses
Drivers side headlight new from BMW
Car remains MOT’d. insured and taxed. Viewing are welcome but ideally on weekends. Happy to have a chat about anything 07429185020.
Car can be viewed in Kingston, Surrey, Sutton, Surrey or Kew, Surrey. ( I’m juggling with residents permits etc so location depends on time and day of viewing)