Hi All, I have 540i Auto for sale. The car recently went through MOT but does need some work - please see details below. Looking for offers around 3.5 - 4k
2002 BMW E39 540i Sport – 11Months MOT
2002 BMW E39 540i Sport Automatic in Topaz Blue, 4.4l V8 M62 engine.
125k miles, FSH upto 90k miles
The car is located in Aboyne in North East Scotland, AB34.
Factory Sport Model inc. bumpers, suspension, leather sports seats, multi-function sports steering wheel, trim etc. 17” Staggered Type 66 Alloys, Dynamic Stability Control, Steptronic automatic gearbox with manual shift and sports mode, Xenon headlights, On-board computer, SatNav, Television Tuner, Aux Ventilation, electrically adjustable steering wheel, electrically adjustable seats with memory, 6-CD changer in boot, Cassette Deck, Parking Distance Control, Traffic Master Unit (now obsolete), Anthracite Roof Lining.
In the last 6months the car has had new battery, number plates, water pump, thermostat, expansion tank, radiator hoses, fan clutch, front and rear Brembo brake pads, new front washer hoses and nozzles, new alloy center caps, new alloy bolts and 4 new tires, oil and filter (K&N) change in the last 1000miles, K&N air filter, new kidney grills. I have all the receipts for the above.
The car just went through MOT at a cost of almost £2k. For the MOT it had new jacking points welded in, new front lower control arms, new front upper control arm bushes, new front drop links, new brake pipes.
Driver’s side speakers are not working (may be wiring issue, never had the chance to look at this). A few scuff marks here and there on the body work. Clear coat has flaked off the top of the boot lid. The dash display has lost some pixels. The original phone is not in the car. The paint job the garage did on the sills after replacing the jacking points isn’t the best. There are 2 scrapes on the front bumper.
There are a number of minor advisories remaining from the MOT as below:
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
· Nearside Front pad wear sensor damaged. wear sensor light on instrument cluster – Needs new wear sensor, I forgot to order one when I changed the front pads.
· Nearside Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii)) – The discs look fine to me still a good 5k+ miles in them I would have thought.
· Offside Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
· Nearside Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
· Offside Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
· Oil leak, but not excessive engine (8.4.1 (a) (i)) – I was aware that the car had an oil leak. There is some old oil under the engine. I could never see any new oil and the car does not use or lose any oil.
· Offside Front Direction indicator slightly discoloured (4.4.3 (a))
· Offside Front slight brake bind
· Front Service brake fluctuating, but not excessively (1.2.1 (e))
· engine undertray and o/s/f inner arch trim loose – The tray is missing 2 fixings and is tie-wrapped on – it isn’t loose. I have a bag of fixings to fix in properly and will leave them in the car for the new owner.
Please only contact if genuinely interested in this car. More than happy to answer any genuine questions.