All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I arsed around with my filter housings to get the whole lip (sides as well) of the filter housing under and behind the windscreen cowl part. I managed it with the O/S but only the inner and lower edges with the N/S; the outer edge just would not behind the windscreen cowl bit - I think because it has been misaligned so long the plastic of the windscren bit has bent too far back. Anyhow, while I was in an arsing about mood I cleaned out the filter assembly including the little duct with the flap that slots into a rubber grommet in the inner wing; then I looked into, and stuck my finger into, the inner wing rubber grommets... Both pretty blocked with one decidedly damp. I extracted the grommets to clean them - hoping that, 1. They wouldn't break, and 2. I could re-install them without too much of a saga. They didn't break, they were completely clogged, they do go back in quite easily - they are definitely worth cleaning out.
  3. Nsa

White alpine g31

Hi all my name is Nuno i have a BMW G31 White Alpine M, hope you like it thx
  4. sharkfan

SuperDave RIP

If you're having a glass of wine/beer/other beverages are available tonight then please raise a glass to SuperDave, Dave Andrews for it was his funeral today. Unfortunately I was unable to attend but I passed in mine and the forums condolences to his widow. RIP SuperDave, cheers to a life well lived.
  5. jag530isport

Rear Doorcards Tops Swap Over

Nice one mate thanks Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  6. Busterbvi

these chinese radios on ebay

The DAB antenna was installed as per the manufacturer's instructions. The general rule with antennas is the higher, the better.
  7. Boba

New G31 owner - first impressions

I disagree. It makes a noticeable difference when I use ECO PRO on my motorway run to the golf course. I generally pooter along at 60-65-ish in the morning traffic and the car spends lots of time freewheeling. Several mpg difference over Comfort on the same run when it would otherwise have been engine braking.
  8. Matthew Ashton

Bolt Size question

Andrew, LIM is just a limiter and doesn’t brake the car to reduce speed to a newly set lower limit. Braking only happens with cruise control.
  9. Today
  10. Marco Lourenço

E39 528i Manual hiccups / stutters

Oh and btw , the car just had a service last week , all filters replaced
  11. Marco Lourenço

E39 528i Manual hiccups / stutters

Thanks everyone for advice and sorry for late reply. Think I found the problem ( let's hope ) . I live in Portugal and knowledge about this cars isn't great over here.. luckily found a British bmw technician living here now and he said it's much probably the fuel pump that's on it's way ( once it only does it when warm ) and when I took the fuel pump relay off it looks pretty burned. Yep check all hoses and boots everything fine no cracks ( they look pretty new ) and yes the camshaft sensor was a genuine BMW part . Cars going to the garage on Monday and I will keep you posted just hope it's ready for next weekend, Portugal WRC round coming up and can't miss it! One again , thanks a lot for the feedback
  12. bigrigbri

What are you doing now?

Making some Pratt and Whitney titanium gas turbine impeller rotors on a large vertical borer at work on nights.
  13. sjak92

Thats absolutely not true. On the motorway eco pro will make the biggest difference as it will coast every time you lift off from throttle or on every possible decline on cruise control
  14. edd_jedi

OEM Alpine iPod Interface Kit

Sorted the charging issue, BMW did indeed update the cable for later iPhones so I picked up the newer type from eBay. It is still an old style 30 pin cable so needs a lightning adapter, but it now charges both my old iPod and iPhone XS. The part number for the updated cable is 65 11 2 154 179, or you can tell visually because it is a lot larger (left one in this photo.)
  15. jake13

Ceramic Car Polish

Usually £300 for two coats including the wheels. A few times I have accidentally went over the bumper with a steel brush when cleaning the tail pipes. It didn't make a mark. However, it won't protect against stone chips and heavy pressure contact. If you can afford it then paint potection film is the answer.
  16. 535i Andrew

Bolt Size question

@Boba is spot on, car squats on its backside when you drop down quickly on the cruise. Try it out, need an empty road so you can get the best feel for it without risk from the tailgater behind you. I can't think the last time I used cruise. I use LIM instead. Speed limits are just that, not a target!
  17. nashdm2

Bolt Size question

never taken that much notice to be honest........
  18. Boba

Bolt Size question

You can feel it from the way the car sits when much cruise braking is needed.
  19. I'm not very tech savvy but is it possible to play a podcast through the car''s audio system please. This is for a 2013 f10 520dSE and android phone Any advice appreciated
  20. stevecvo

Ceramic Car Polish

I don't think I would pay for the professional treatments but I did use a DIY kit on my wife's cossetted black E88 with great success. The one I used was CarPro Cquartz 3.0 UK 50ml Paint Protection Kit CQUK with 100ml reload. at a cost of about £55. The finish was really good and I have kept it topped up with the recommended Reload instant conditioning spray. After about a year the shine is still brilliant but the car does live in the garage. There was enough in the kit to do my E39 as well but I have never got round to doing it, although I do use the conditioning spray on it. I never put either car through a wash system with brushes but do use a jet wash.
  21. I know there are always people on the look out for these - nice example but that price is getting into F11 territory: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905238273088
  22. Thank you all, it’s given me a lot of information to work with. I’ll have a think (hope it doesn’t hurt) about what’s best. Cheers.
  23. nashdm2

Bolt Size question

Thanks Andrew, I had no idea that the cruise only uses the rear brakes. Interesting..........
  24. Johnboy65

Bolt Size question

Thanks Andrew. I better find that 18mm socket then. It makes sense that the torque on the mounting bracket should be quite high. You wouldn't want that coming loose! I had seen this vid before and was planning on rewinding the actuator manually using a T45. Looks pretty straightforward. FLW!!!
  25. 535i Andrew

Bolt Size question

Not so sure Dave, rear F10 pads are known to wear out every 30k. The cruise control uses only the rear brakes to slow. LIM function may also use rear brakes if you use it to drop quite a speed. Not 100% sure though. My my rear discs are beginning to look thin at 50k. My rear pads were changed before I bought it at 34k and my dad had sub 30k when his 530d got them changed. We don't drive hard on them either.
  26. nashdm2

530e Digital Dash Completely Blank

I guess its still under warranty? If so, get it into your dealer for them to check it out.
  27. nashdm2

Although not a G31, but F11, eco pro makes no difference on fuel economy on the motorway. It will make a difference on A roads etc, albeit very little, but you can see it.
  1. Load more activity