All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Johnny Grabble

Media Software Update/BMW Connected

The software update from the website is sometimes worth doing if you are having trouble connecting your phone to the car via Bluetooth. To use the app you'll need a ConnectedDrive account which is registered to you and to your vehicle. The website will then tell you if any subscriptions are due and what's your choice of apps etc are for your car.
  3. Peggowski

520d n47 oil pressure switch plausibility

Had a quick look yesterday and it appears that the connector that goes onto the oil pressure switch is missing its retaining clip... any ideas where I can buy just the metal clip from? It's very loose without the clip so I'm thinking it is just losing connection when going over bumps or something.
  4. Today
  5. dmarkovina1

e39 purchase

205/65/15 is the correct size - actually recommend for winter tyres. The top hose collapsed due to blocked ambient pressure release valve in the radiator cap - you need a new one.
  6. Hi All There is a media/comms software update available for my car from the BMW website which requires for it to be downloaded onto a USB and then plugged into the car, just wanted to know if anyone here has done this and if so, was it easy and worth doing? Secondly I downloaded the connected app and registered etc. but none of the functions like unlocking or turning on the lights work, does this require some sort of subscription to work?
  7. JasonH

New Exhaust Manifold

I don't have first-hand experience. What I've seen (on the forums mostly) is that the E60/E61 530d in particular (not the 525d for some reason) manifolds used to crack before the car hit 90k miles. They all used to crack, probably pre-LCi. People used to replace them with BMW stainless ones and they'd crack after a while too. Second-hand E39 cast ones (that fit the E60) were expensive, like £90, because of the demand. Then I think I read or saw somewhere that BMW had improved the design. Since then you hardly hear of cracked exhaust manifolds. They used to be as common as DPF or gearbox faults. Now on the forums they pop up like once a year and only on older cars.
  8. thomp1983

2003 525d won't start

The white plastic ring
  9. Ordnator

E39 Breyton Bodykit

Hi CB, Have you tried "MyE28.com", there is some E39 action on this site. Regards, Mick
  10. Yesterday
  11. Captain Beaky

E39 Breyton Bodykit

Hi Gazza I've only got the front and rear bumpers
  12. Clavurion

Quiet Tyres?

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 and Dunlop SportMaxx RT2 are among the best regarding road noise and still good overall characteristics.
  13. Clavurion

2003 525d won't start

Are you talking about the actual o-ring or plastic support ring behind it? Clearly the plastic support ring can't expand and has to be slotted.
  14. thomp1983

2003 525d won't start

The one I had didn't seem to be slotted,I just applied some grease to it and used a suitable sized socket to push it on, it did seem to take a fair amount of pushing to get it home but worked out ok
  15. d_a_n1979

e39 purchase

No worries Youll see in projects that I’ve just done all this to my touring (and more); just one of those things. Id highly recommend C3BMW and BMWmotormec for resellers of parts on eBay. Meyle water pump Walher stat Febi or Meyle for top & bottom hoses Behr or Nissens for the rad May as well change the aux belts too whilst that’s all off and there’s easy access
  16. nashdm2

Best mpg ive ever seen!

Can the 520d owners that have reported their figures, please let us know what engine they have please, ie, B47 or N47? Thanks...........
  17. Norseman

e39 purchase

Thanks again my friend, seems my fingers will be doing some walking
  18. Clavurion

2003 525d won't start

It has a slotted cut. Just stretch it open and put in place from the side.
  19. nashdm2

BMW 520d B47 Engine Fuel Consumption

So, I have driven just over 200 miles today, back from north Norfolk. I put the car in Eco Pro mode and used CC as often as possible. A roads was set at 50 mph, motorways at 62. I gained 4.6 miles in eco pro, most of that on A roads. I ended up with 55.6 mpg. Am I pleased with that? well, yes and no. Its the best the car has ever done, it was a very relaxed drive. I cannot get away from the fact that an N47 would have done considerably more. But, oh well, move on from it eh? I love the car still, 14k miles in 5 years of ownership. Its a cracking car, leather still smells brand new, car is in unmarked condition. I keep looking around for something else, but why? I have what I want.
  20. apples12

New brake disc centers - Paint, seal or leave

You could use a high temp lacquer and be really careful not to get it on the wheel mating surface... personally I'd also leave be... Fitted my rears earlier this afternoon (brembo discs, textar pads) and the old ones which came off weren't toooo bad tbh Was a pain in the backside getting the disc off, was practically welded onto the hub However....I did figure out that a rubber mallet and a good few whacks got it to come off. I also didn't have to remove the caliper carrier to remove the discs fortunately
  21. d_a_n1979

Quiet Tyres?

As above Have a good look on Camskill and Tyreleader; lots of tyres and info. Caveat is you need someone to fit the tyres for you - about the best prices in the UK though, even with fitting on top tyrereviews.co.uk is a good site for reviews too IMO; buy the best you can afford,. But go by the rating you need the most (ie. wear rate, quietness, wet grip etc)
  22. d_a_n1979

E60 525d - tune/remap advice

Welcome to the forums I’ve moved this to the relevant E60 tech section; it’ll get better coverage and answers However, do a search on the forum, you’ll find quite a bit of information re remapping the M57 easy enough My advice (though never did it myself as didn’t own a diesel long enough); get someone to actually do the remap and tune for you, don’t go for a plug in box
  23. adam-

2003 525d won't start

For future - how do you replace the plastic o-ring? I trashed one trying to get the new one on...
  24. 535i Andrew

Quiet Tyres?

All the tyre websites give a dB rating for tyres. The lower the figure the quieter the tyre. Sub 68dB is quiet for a tyre.
  25. Clavurion

New Exhaust Manifold

Do you have personal experience with this? Did they upgrade the original part?
  26. d_a_n1979

e39 purchase

Not that I know of, but get it all inspected Sounds like it needs a cooling system refresh; I’d get that done sooner rather than later. I’d also add a new rad into it too; the Behr or Nissens one can be sourced for less than £100 on eBay (as can all the other parts); so if you’re savvy with the internet and eBay, get buying and then get a decent Indy to fit it all for you RealOEM website is perfect for part numbers; enter the last 7 digits of the cars VIN into the box at the top of the page and it’ll bring up your exact car; all the diagrams will show you the parts and their numbers you need; it’s fairly easy to navigate
  27. RandomName

Quick code check via inpa.

I had the following before cleaning my solenoids: rough idle when cold. surging on a constant throttle when cold. valve timing error which brought on the money light (can’t remember the code). All went away for about a month after cleaning but the surging started to creep back in so decided to replace them. As said in an earlier post, I can’t advise on the other codes as I’ve thankfully not had them yet.
  28. d_a_n1979

2009 530i M Sport Touring for sale

Not that Probably 18-20 around town, mid 30’s if you drive normally on the motorway
  1. Load more activity