All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Paddy O'Furniture

E39 M5

Looks very nice cosmetically, but with any E39 now, I'd be very concerned about what's underneath all the plastic on the underside.
  3. Spreadly

Insurance Advise

Doesn't matter whether you claim or don't claim. My gf had an incident where someone reversed into her parked car. They didn't go through insurance, but she still let her insurance company know it happened. Just for that, she is seen as a higher 'risk' and her premiums have gone up by £200+. I repeat she didn't even make a claim! She wasn't even in the car at the time, it was parked in her driveway. Moral of the story, insurers base everything on 'risk' to themselves and will find any excuse to push your premiums up. You could go to the insurance ombudsman, but good luck with that. This is part and parcel of car ownership. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  4. Paddy O'Furniture

What are you doing now?

Off to vote for Nigel.
  5. Mr_530i

Insurance Advise

My Mrs was involved in car accident last year. Because of a lack of evidence and the other party now saying they have a witness (which they didn't at the scene of the accident), insurance have just admitted liability on my Mrs Behalf. We have tried really hard to fight it, but just feel like its not worth it anymore, because of the stress and my Mrs has already lost two years NCB because of this, so her premiums have gone up, which were trying to avoid. We have delayed getting her car repaired, because I didn't want to claim on her insurance, but since we have now lost the claim and her NCB, will she be any worse off if she now claims on her own insurance to have her car repaired as she was fully comp at the time? As I presume the worse has already happened now, where she has lost her NCB, and her premium won't go up by much if she does claim, as I feel its unfair for us to have to pay for the repair.
  6. Peggowski

Exhaust flange leak

This was the tool I used... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222585507003 Depends if your clamp looks like my one or not
  7. 535i Andrew

Funny vibration from steering when in lock

The MOT will pick up anything untoward.
  8. Keliuss

Exhaust flange leak

Cheers, that's exactly what I needed to know. Will order the part and get some swear words warmed up ready for use Keliuss
  9. Peggowski

Exhaust flange leak

I had to use some penetrating fluid to release the clamp from the pipe. Then use a tool that expanded the clamp as above. Once it was released there was just enough play in the downstream exhaust to slide the gasket in. Then used the tool to reposition the clamp and then did it back up. Took 15mins and a little bit of swearing at it. All done from above but mine is a 520d so I have more room than the 6 cylinder guys! Didn't have to undo anything else. Looking back through the receipts I inherited when I bought the car it had some work done to replace the turbo actuator so maybe when they did that they forgot to replace the gasket... only guessing though...
  10. Keliuss

Exhaust flange leak

Thanks @Peggowski Was it easy/hard to separate the two parts? Did you have to undo anything else other than the clamp to separate them? And were you able to do it from above or did you have to get under the car and remove covers? Keliuss
  11. Hi guys, Trying to locate where the oil pressure switch is on my engine. I have looked here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=PX32-EUR-03-2009-E61N-BMW-520d&diagId=12_1139#12618611273 But that doesnt exactly help! Also is it a drain down job to replace it? New fault code appeared but says not currently present and really dont want to have to drain down but will do if necessary.
  12. Ah, thanks. I think I do have INPA/NCS but it's far from easy to use, at least my version isn't as most of it is in German. I can't remember what it's actually called - it's a long time since I used it but it came as a bundle of software supplied with the OBD/USB cable.
  13. nealpina

What are you doing now?

Hopefully the deluded Lady will be resigning tomorrow
  14. Peggowski

Exhaust flange leak

Just to follow up... Managed to find the time to get on this today. Got the clamp off after a bit of a struggle only to find there was no gasket present at all in the joint. Gasket now fitted and I've cleaned around the area to get rid of old soot. Will do a few hundred miles and report back but having just done a short drive I think its solved it. No more fumes in the cabin!
  15. Greenninja

I dare say you are correct and when I looked in there last time I noticed quite a few joints that could fail so I guess it's off to garage to get it checked over!! More money on top of the service and MOT!! Bloody cars
  16. Today
  17. Matty Winslade

Hi there. E61

Hi All, As promised, here is picture of my E61.88k miles and FSH. Its only the 520d so it doesn't set the world on fire by any means but it ticks all the other boxes for me. Surf board hauler family wagon nice motorway hack for my commute. looks good
  18. You can find one via the ZF website but it's not very user friendly. You really have to dig around to get to the level you need. I eventually found a local-ish one but even then was unable to get a firm price or details of what the service would consist of. Gave up and used Automatic Transmissions in Preston. Would have been a 330 mile round trip so tied it in with a visit to the area.
  19. 535i Andrew

At that mileage I would expect some of these components needing to be changed out, based on E60 experience. When the car is at full lock the joints will be more highly stressed so more likely to hear to odd creak or clunk then. I knew something wasn't right on my E60 each time I heard a clonk from the front end. First was the track rod ends then each sides lower arm balljoints gave out. It could be anyone of the many many suspension joints. Arms, top mounts, drop links, roll bar bushes......
  20. Greenninja

77000 miles, I was thinking the same as it seems odd it's only at full lock.. will be booking in with my mechanic to get him to check those. Thanks
  21. bmwf113.0d

What did you do to your F07/F10/F11 today?

Nice colour, will take less than an hour to swap over.
  22. 535i Andrew

Could be wear in one of the balljoints on the front suspension. What mileage is on the car?
  23. Thanks to some "spirited" driving on some less than level blacktop the other day, my rear left airbag went pop. Actually, it didn't quite go pop but it's had its day. Bought a pair from ebay for ~£100 ready to fit as soon as I have time. Saw cheaper but these ones have a 2 year warranty to the other's 1 year and just looked a bit more robust. Whether they are in fact more robust only time will tell. Rear right rises as it should when I start it up but the sound of air escaping from the left as it struggles to inflate is unmistakeable. Results to follow.
  24. Jameswsb

E39 M5 Suspension - Experiences Please

Yes the Bilstein and Intrax set up will cost around £900 where as the OEM equivalent is £1400 plus from memory. Definitely invest in the Intrax springs if you are retaining the B8's. I'll get a picture taken tonight
  25. readie

sorry to be going

So guys, after nearly 14 years and about 70,000 miles of fun it looks like I am saying goodbye (at least for now) The e9 restoration is costing me more than I imagined and so need to release some funds and sadly 'Bob' will have to go. Someone came down on Monday and has said that he would like to buy so I trust he is true to his word and am just waiting for the deal to finalise. I really didn't want to sell but needs must. You guys have been a great help over the years - thanks and I plan to come over to gaydon but I will be in a car from the dark side of Audi. I will make sure he knows about the forum and hopefully you will see him as a new member shortly. cheers for now, I am sure I will get another e28 but clearly trying to get a 3.5 again will be tough...... readie
  26. edd_jedi

Coapi c.04 ccc wrong coding index

Try a different profile, I sometimes get errors with certain ones (eg Expert or Repters)
  27. duncan-uk

E39 540i touring - low miles & one owner

That is rather nice.
  1. Load more activity