Zu187

Trans fault

31 posts in this topic

On 22/06/2014 at 11:15 PM, Zu187 said:

Hope someone can help.

Driving on m1, about 1 hour into the journey when i decided to put my foot down, got to about 3000 rpm and trans mission fault came up, loss of all gears. Pulled up and switched off, back on fault cleared. Done it a few more times as i wanted to replicate it. Each time same thing. Put it on snap on diagnostics. Error code 4f85 ratio monitoring clutch e.

I think e is for 5th/6th gear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi I've got the same problem with my 2005 535d. How ever this never happens when driving in DS mode. Only in D mode.

8 hours ago, Kia said:

Hi I've got the same problem with my 2005 535d. How ever this never happens when driving in DS mode. Only in D mode.

@AutomaticTransmissions might be able to help

9 hours ago, Kia said:

That's exactly what happened to my E60, loss of drive, diagnosed as failed Eclutch.

Cure is to take box out and either just fit a new Eclutch or get the box reconditioned.  The latter was = to the trade in value of my E60, hence F10 now parked on my driveway.

On 06/08/2017 at 11:15 PM, Kia said:

Rear stator bush worn out causing leak off of the apply pressure for e-clutch (4/5/6) engagement! 

Box out, re bush, new e-clutch, t/conv, clean out, v/body refurb job done!

James

On 09/08/2017 at 5:24 AM, AutomaticTransmissions said:

Rear stator bush worn out causing leak off of the apply pressure for e-clutch (4/5/6) engagement! 

Box out, re bush, new e-clutch, t/conv, clean out, v/body refurb job done!

James

So a 5 minute job then :blink: