Paggers

Your 5 Series Photography - ONE Photo Per Post Please :-)

792 posts in this topic

Please rear below before posting.

There seem to be a fair few people who are a dab hand with a camera but while there are plenty of threads of people showing off their own car, and a few showing pictures of lots of car, I couldn't find a thread that was for people to show off their photography skills with - of course - the car as subject.

So I thought I had best start one - I hope that's okay. The rules (in so much as we need to have them) are that you must have taken the picture, and done any subsequent processing work yourself, there must be a five series in it somewhere, and it should be a picture you think shows off your photography skills. If you are comfortable doing so please put in some text about how you shot and created the picture - so other people can learn. Only one picture per post but you can post as many times as you want - just try not to spam of course!

One last thing, this is not a photography competition thread, so let's refrain from any critique as I'm sure there are different skill levels and it would be nice for everyone to contribute. Let's just have a thread of great shots of our cars!

I'll start things off with a shot I took and processed today.

20140518-006a_zps4c5a998d.jpg

For those who are interested in such things it was shot on a Canon EOS 7D with a EF 24-105 F/4L IS lens and processed in Photoshop CC. This is actually two shots, taken at the same time, with the sky blended in from the darker of the two shots.

alun and TeddyRuxpin like this

This has potential to be a cracking thread, will be watching with interest, see if I can learn something.

I only have 2 of my car that I really like, and I think at least one of them was taken on my iPhone! :eek: if not both!! (but I can't be bothered to check the EXIT

SunnySunday.jpg

sunset-small.jpg

I keep meaning to get my DSLR out and take a few nice pics of the car when its clean! :D

alun likes this

nice sunset! i find it really hard to take good pics of sunsets

nice sunset! i find it really hard to take good pics of sunsets

I was literally just about to go home from walking the dog on the beach, and that was the view I was confronted with, so I had to get my phone out! :D

Idiot likes this

please say your standing on the fence.... :/

He's standing on the fence - it's very well done though!

Good idea Paggers!

I'm going to remove the photos not taken by the user as good as they are! :-) maybe post them on a separate thread?

post-39366-0-95337900-1400536287_thumb.j

Nikon dx40 again, short lens, exposure corrected,

no photo shop activity just corrected and bracket shots.

Think we need to keep this 5 series only otherwise it's just a random photo thread....think of them for the calendar!

I'm not very good at pictures so here is my effort

post-40317-0-68354100-1400539160_thumb.j

post-40317-0-29460100-1400539322_thumb.j

Loadmaster likes this

Think we need to keep this 5 series only otherwise it's just a random photo thread....think of them for the calendar!

Which I'm missing BTW :(

Yep. I'm still looking at may 2013 on the workshop wall. Lucky enough i have the Websters naked lady one for 2014 next to it.

Which I'm missing BTW :(

Yep! :-( Will get a thread started and we can get it started earlier rather than later. So I can hopefully arrange printing for beginning of December...

e39 530i Sport Champagne II near Ayr, Ayrshire, Scotland.

post-29217-0-85619000-1400616854_thumb.j

Canon 5D MkII with 14mm f2.8L Prime Lens - Edited in Lightroom CC to boost colours slightly and Photoshop CC to edit number plate.

Paggers likes this

DSC05280.jpg

6-8 months later, same image recreated (same camera and setup as above, NO tripod again!) but the only difference being taken prior to the old Hoover building's lights being switched off. 

Edited by DennisCooper
jaybe79, alun, 740mick and 1 other like this