Mcdubber

Scottish Newbie

Hi Folks,

I'm Si from a small town in East Lothian just outside Edinburgh. I don't currently own a BMW and never have but I'm on the lookout for a nice E34 525 sport. I've looked at 530's, 535's and also 540's but I reckon the 525 with the M50 engine would be the best all rounder? If in wrong then please do say so as I'm no expert on these cars, I'm a VW enthusiast. Ideally I'd like an M5 but after investigating them a little I found out that they are very costly to run lol.

Before I can purchase any other car then Id need to ideally sell my current car which is a Mk2 Golf Gti 2.0 16v. It's going in for MOT tomorrow so once its passed it will be going up for sale. So if anyone has or knows of a nice E34 then let me know. I'll put up an ad in the wanted section aswell.

Cheers

welcome to the forum.  Hope you find a good E34 soon, although chances of finding a tin worm free example up here will scarce!! lol

Welcome aboard, as said the main thing to check is rust. Plenty of nice looking cars around that are rotten, be careful of sport models as the plastic sill covers can hide all kinds of horrors. Also the sunroof drains create problems.