supertramp101

pdc gone silent ?

15 posts in this topic

hmm just moved the wheels so the master can load up her toot for the car boot and silence just flashing pdc button    have I some how turned them off ? did hit the button to turn light off on button  started to reverse and flashing button back again

Funny I'd love to know the answer as mine as started doing the same thing...I've checked the rear sensor and ones not clicking but thought it would beep to let you know there was an error.. it did when I had a failed one on the front...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Yeh 2 of my fronts are dead and its constantly makeing a racket! Have to turn them off as soon as I stick it in reverse.

Sounds like.it might be something else...

Could be the sounder at fault :)

YNP

Content provided by this user should not be considered correct due to the fact he's a raving fruitloop.

I had this. Depending on what mood the car was in resulted in a differnt result, sometimes the PDC button would just flash and sometimes would give the constant beep.

Replaced the failed sensor and the system returned to normal.

Thanks

John

misses said she been out   and reversed back into her bay and they are working again not checked yet but  the wheelie bin is still the right shape so must be ok :D

sounds like I got same problem as bmwdriver86   how do I tell which sensor is the failed one ?   anyone

inpa will tell exactly which one has failed..

or if you cant read the codes then put the car in reverse to turn the pdc on...

get close to each sensor and you should hear it clicking if its working...

hope this helps

stew

Like Stew has said if you have INPA it will show which of the PDC sensors has failed.

If not put the car in reverse to put the PDC on and listen to each sensor individually. You should hear a clicking noise which doesn't change volume between sensors.

I had one sensor fail which you could tell as it was silent and a second a few months later which was clicking but at a lower volume than the others.

Changed both and all has been fine for a year or so now.

Thanks

John

thanks stew  had a quick look at loom the other day and thought it  had melted up above rear box  but on closer inspection yesterday it's only outer wire wrapping a bit tatty so I am   gonner need at least one sensor me thinks

if you suspect the loom.. once you find a failed sensor you can swap the failed one over to working one.

Then you can work out if its the loom or sensor...

update just been check rear sensors and it appears to be outer  passenger side one, had long tone from alarm in reverse but not near anything to give that sound  gave it a flick  and if by magic bleep bleep  every thing normal