badwhip

blu tooth phone audio problem

I have factory Bluetooth and intravee. when I get a call I answer it but volume is lower then it should be so I turn it up with volume so I can here the conversation. when I end the call it goes back to whatever I was listening too. the problem is for 2 seconds the radio cd or whatever I was listening to before the phone call plays at the volume of the phone. so I get a two second burst of loudness before it goes back to the source volume. is there anyway to stop this from happening?

I do have the pxa process and it does have the separate audio for blu tooth but it takes about two seconds for the audio to switch when u end a call therefore getting a full blast from the regular audio source. also when your on a the phone and get a nav prompt it is very loud as well.

The fundamental problems would appear to be the phone volume, I wonder why it's so quiet.

There is a timer that is set when changing to and from phone mode, currently this is set to 1 second going to the phone and 200 msec coming back from the phone. The delay time has been changed over a few builds, which build are you running?

The volume of the Nav while on the phone is a bit more of a problem. The Intravee could restore the regular volume when a Nav command is issued, but at the moment it doesn't.

I'm on build 7064

my Bluetooth audio was fine until I removed the phone cradle in center armrest and replaced it with a storage unit. when I removed the cradle I lost audio for phone until I jumpered two wires on the plug in the center console that the cradle plugged into. but the audio has never been as loud as before.

That sounds strange! I'm assuming the ULF was a replacement from some other type of BMW phone, have you tried replacing the cradle to see if the volume level is restored?

I can't see why the phone volume setting should be applied for so long after the Intravee/Radio source starts playing again. I've checked the code and change logs, the delay from source switching to the volume change should be 200 msec. If I send a build with some extra debugging in, could you take an iBus log of ending a phone call?

the ulf is the last version bmw made for my model year. what is funny is the two calls I did today were normal.

I can get you a log probally be in a week I have to do it on a weekend.

I am running the pxa I did RCA mod to radio running aftermarket pp1 amps have modded bmw4 software. and have Sirius sat and hd radio. and a stealthone for the v1

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem with PXA-H100, last ULF and last BM54. I was thinking of writting a new thread when I saw badwhip one's :)

When I initiate a phone call from the car voice control/board monitor/mfl, it's OK.

The issue is when I initiate a phone call from the phone itself I have the very loud radio volume issue for 1s when I hang up.

If you need a log, do not hesitate :).

There are also some odd variations of phone volume, for example when you have a phone call, you may have to set phone volume quite high to properly hear.

The trouble is when you hang up and then you use the voice control, the phone volume saved by previous call is still very high... And it's not very pleasant :).

How do you manage the different volume levels?

For example, does Intravee speed volume automatically raise/lower phone volume with speed even if phone input is not activated?

Would it be possible to have a maximum level for voice control messages ?

Thanks in advance!

A log would be helpful. 2 logs will be needed, one of you making a call, the other receiving the call. I'll send you new firmware with extra log output that indicates exactly when the Intravee switches volume between the phone and regular volume. As far as I know there is no simple way to determine if the phone has been selected due to making or taking a call, so if the delay between switching audio is different the only solution may be to mute, or significantly reduce, the volume for a few seconds. However, if the radio source is being selected before the iBus messages indicating the switch has occurred is sent I'm not sure what to do about that, there must be another message from the phone to the radio which indicates that the call has ended.

Currently there are two volume levels, regular and Phone/VR. In my experience the phone volume can be vary variable, but I think this is just the natural variability on a phone line. In the noisy environment of the car it's more noticeable if the phone volume is low. It would be possible to have a third volume for the VR.

The base volume of the phone or regular audio is always stored, this volume level is then passed to a routine that calculates any volume adjustment due to speed or being in reverse gear. The adjusted volume is never saved but is reported for display on the monitor/cluster etc.