Stevenfitz

530d intermittent power loss. Help!?

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem with my 2005 530d auto, 62k miles.

When I first get in the car and drive, everything is normal and the car has plenty of power and pulls like a train. However, after roughly 10-15 mins driving I have a dramatic loss off power. The car still feels drivable but when you floor it it just doesn't go. I can still hear the turbo, the car will still accelerate but very slowly, feels similar to when I had a blocked dpf. The strange thing is when I return to the car after it being parked for a period of time the power is back, pulls like a train again until after 10-15mins.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Hi, yes dpf is still in place. I had it removed, cleaned and refitted back in December. At the same time I had a new glow plug control unit and a set of glow plugs.

It did cross my mind that it might be dpf again but when I had dpf issues the car had loss of power all the time. At the moment it's full power until it's been driven a few miles?

Usually when the dpf has ended its life even you clean it out it will never be like new again, by cleaning it is temporary fix until the dpf doesnt fill up again with soot but wont regen because the dpf is life is finished

but get the fault codes read but i think dpf is blocked again

I've not had the fault codes read yet, I'm going to take it this morning.

The thing that puzzles me is that it always drives perfect until I've been driving for a while. No problems at all on the way to work this morning?!