DiggedyE28

New e28(!) radiator?

10 posts in this topic

Been searching for a new radiator for my 525e with no joy. Found a load of dodgey looking companies on eBay but prices range so wildly I wouldn't really trust them.

Anyone recommend a good source?

Thanks

Edited by DiggedyE28

Goto Gsf, alot easier. Make sure you get a auto rad with the in-built oil cooler.

Ok, Euro car parts, or even Bmw themselves?

I too can recommend coolpartsuk.

You may have difficulty finding a reasonably priced 520i/525e Auto radiator, so converting to a much cheaper (£43 from coolpartsuk) E30/E36 radiator may be an option. 

My 527i is now a manual so I didn't need to worry about the transmission cooler connections, though I believe this wouldn't be a problem.

post-28888-0-27918000-1395648450_thumb.j

It has the added benefit of removing the header tank, so allowing for some future turbo room if required.

As the pipework is arse about face you will need the E30 325i steel cross pipe, and three new rubber hoses and a couple of bungs. This should leave you change out of £100 for the lot including the rad.

Edited by JohnH

Hi

I ended up buying a new one from BMW - it was not cheap...

However, I do have a decent used one that I picked up at the same time - it has the extra outlets on the bottom which I don't need (think they are for an automatic box).  You can have it for £50 if you want it - what I paid for it.  Its not very old and in decent condition.