Piper

Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777

conspiracy...too many phones have rang yet plane has not been located nor the signals.expect in a few days that a satellite (maybe one similar to that which watched bin laden being found...without intention) been detected. Would be interested to see a full passenger list! there is more to this story than we are told...

3000 miles range and 5 hours flying? It could have made the Bermuda Triangle....cue Mulder and Scully!

But surely someone must have seen something by now if it landed/crashed on land. It doesn't help that we are getting confusing messages. One minute they said that the airplane was pinging for 4 hours after last contact. So they asked Rolls Royce and Boeing and they said nope. Now they saying that it did happen? 

TBH, for something that is worth £millions, I would have thought that they had some kind trackers fitted in them (like car trackers). This doesn't seem to be the case?

They have trackers but it really isn't as sophisticated as a smartphone! The satellite ping cannot turned off but most other stuff can be by the crew.

The phone thing made me wonder about it being landed but the theory has been debunked by a few experts as just the behaviour of the network answering system when the handset is roaming. Most people would have turned them off anyway and where they are isn't going to have any network coverage assuming its miles offshore.

Its widely accepted that the satellite ping is real, and RollsRoyce I think were just a bit premature in coming out and saying they had some other data when they should have been talking to Malaysia. We also don't know what Malaysia are trying to control in terms of story - as I wrote a couple of nights ago, I don't think they'd been keen to admit to either losing or bringing down a passenger plane full of mainly Chinese passengers so pleading ignorance while gradually organising a story doesn't seem far fetched.

From the news this morning it seems the plane has landed in Afghanistan / Pakistan area.

That could be very bad. Another suicide mission could be on the cards...

Edited by Piper

I would think if that would be the case they're rather stupid. China might kick up a 'little' fuss at some point.

I bet those people on the plane are getting hungry by now too...

Can't find anything online about it landing in that part of the world? Did you make that up lol

What I should of said is all the evidence (in my opinion) points to a landing in that part of the world

Can't find anything online about it landing in that part of the world? Did you make that up lol

+1

I imagine they know how much fuel was on board. It would not be the first time a plane has been hijacked and run out of fuel. I thought the latest was that they are searching two areas in the Indian Ocean?

From the news this morning it seems the plane has landed in Afghanistan / Pakistan area.

Fucking knew it! What did I say? Nicked it!!!

Bear in mind that these parts of the world have VERY heavy levels of censorship, it's quite likely that one of the governments knows a lot more that they are letting on.

Also, very much sounds that somebody on board knew how to disable most of the communication systems and also the "blind spots" for radar in that region.

The communications systems of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 were deliberately disabled, Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak has said.

According to satellite and radar evidence, he said, the plane then changed course and could have continued flying for a further seven hours.

Edited by Piper

So, the current theory is that it was hijacked. I'm amazed that aren't sytems that absolutely cannot be disabled without taking half the 'plane to pieces, that give its position constantly. You can bet that there soon will be.

I'v been looking on BBC about all the info on this and I'm amazed that this can happen and flaws.

Why should all the tracking in a plane be allowed to be switched off anyway?

also the Black box only has enough battery power to send out a signal for a month with todays tech that should be the first thing to be made to last alot longer along with other stuff that need upgrading or changed!

So, the current theory is that it was hijacked. I'm amazed that aren't sytems that absolutely cannot be disabled without taking half the 'plane to pieces, that give its position constantly. You can bet that there soon will be.

I can see where you're coming from, but most airliner systems are provided with a means to turn them off, in case of an incident where they go haywire and risk causing an accident.

Anyway I was convinced that the plane was lying in the ocean somewhere, now I'm not so sure, certainly shows that we still don't have an answer for everything.

Where did you get this drivel?

I have seen no reports suggesting this. All that was said is the Malaysians are  getting satellite data from a number of countries

including Thailand, Myanmar, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India and Pakistan amongst others.

In any case given the amount of Chinese passengers on board Pakistan would not host this plane as China has huge investment and influence.

I feel information is withheld and someone knows what happened to the plane.

What if the plane was hijacked and the destroyed by a missile mid air to prevent a terrorist attack and then the information withheld from the public?

The notion that it may have landed safely somewhere is pretty far fetched simply because you can't just drop one of these into a jungle clearing, it needs at least a kilometer long runway to land, twice that to take off if fully fueled and anything that big will be on a database. Unless it's be landed on some sort of military air base, but then someone, somewhere would be squawking about it! 

Can't see it having been taken out by a missile strike either, that would create a massive explosion that's likely to have been picked up by satellite, not to mention the debris would be spread over miles.

Now, if you want a conspiracy theory......................notice no one's mentioned alien abduction  :D

What if the plane was hijacked and the destroyed by a missile mid air to prevent a terrorist attack and then the information withheld from the public?

This is what I was thinking.

The notion that it may have landed safely somewhere is pretty far fetched simply because you can't just drop one of these into a jungle clearing, it needs at least a kilometer long runway to land, twice that to take off if fully fueled and anything that big will be on a database.

A bit of selective quoting on my part...

But those old enough to remember - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson%27s_Field_hijackings you can land a plane in the desert - but you may not be able to take off again though...

If that is the case, then the withholding of information will only serve to further erode passenger confidence and damage the already fragile trust people have in governments.

I've never flown, and before anyone says it's safer than driving a car, getting a bus or catching a train, I've never noticed an aeroplane stopping at the end of my road anyway, and I'm fcuked if I'm driving to Gatwick, so it's irrelevant.