RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

This weekend I finished bidding on a clean looking 525i in Bristol. Then found out the seller has gone away for 3 days and cannot collect until Wednesday.... :'(

But then itll have a nice drive back to Berkshire before this weekend full service and overhaul :)

Hopefully will be working on it lots over the next few weekends :)

Sounds good. What's the details, year, colour, spec etc.?

C.

Walked by it several times.

Rolled up the windows (they were slightly down for ventilation) due to rain.

Ordered and received e60 ssk for the trans whenever I get to the drivetrain swap.

Received my staggered m systems from Richard, and a bunch of other goodies from he and Steven C.

Saturday I competed the fitting of the well lights in the front.  Tomorrow I hope to complete all the work on the front dash and replace the handbrake gator.    I may get to complete the work in the boot as well.  

Then all that is left is to get her a new MOT

Spent a bunch of money on it so it can get going again.

E30 M20 flywheel, starter, clutch.

Flex disc.

Center support bearing.

The last bits for a complete drivetrain swap.

Going in soon for new:

Engine

Transmission

Rear end

Misc maintenance items.

The only original things to the car will be

Shell, (1) door, rear seat back, windshield and hatch. Everything else (besides interior panels) has been replaced.

Charged the battery, cleared out the stack of parts that I filled the car with and looked sad and how bad the state of the interior is :-(

e9ynu5eh.jpg

Sent from my phone whilst driving, eating a kebab and smoking.

Remembered that I have five of them, none of them roadworthy. Realised I've no time to do anything about it at the moment so just wrote a list of stuff that I'll take off three of them before they are scrapped.

Also gave myself a good talking to so I stop buying crap so that I can do another supercharger job on one of the 540's

I finished the sound system and the lights in the boot. The photo is from low as standing you won't see them. Later I may remove the board so I can cover it in Alcantara

u4u7evyr.jpg

Bill

I finished the sound system and the lights in the boot. The photo is from low as standing you won't see them. Later I may remove the board so I can cover it in Alcantara

Bill

Tried to fit the first two pdc sensors into their sockets on the loom - that was a mistake as 19 year old plastic has a tenancy to shatter. Then spent half an hour trying to find and glue together broken bits of plastic

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gave it a REALLY good wash-now looks superb!

Been using it all week to clear out a council lockup, so the inside is filthy-need to sort that in the week.....

Tasty seats!

I opened the rear hatch to find a puddle of water on my load cover. I guess I have a leak back there.

It is waterproof though, as nothing underneath was wet.