Jump to content
RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

Recommended Posts

new box is in, all bolted up lovely once I got the friction plate lined up better!

 

swapped the front half of the prop as my manual propshaft's rear half was worse for wear having sat for 4-5 years mostly outside, just need to get it to bleed up which the used parts seem reluctant to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dropped the clutch in my TDS for the first time in 60k miles :lol:

 

felt a bit weird, it fires up faaaaar easier now, that torque converter weighed a bloody ton, had to fit a new clutch slave and I stuck new seals in the master whilst I had it all apart, time to tidy it all up, make a clutch reservoir bracket, sort some rust on the sills, find some headliners or re-trim mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kit said:

Probably should have stuck it at the top of the window (guessing where the dealer stuck it?) but didn’t want to see it out of the rear mirror. 

 

 

46F3FE8A-21A9-4F91-8D8B-38059DC6D527.jpeg

 

Although I have the middle rear headrest for my Touring I have never left it in as it restricts rear visibility so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kit said:

Probably should have stuck it at the top of the window (guessing where the dealer stuck it?) but didn’t want to see it out of the rear mirror. 

 

 

46F3FE8A-21A9-4F91-8D8B-38059DC6D527.jpeg

 

That looks ok to me. My e39 Touring has the original dealer sticker in the same place

 

v8s touring.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenelekta said:

Nope, V8s never did Kevin. My V8 did though, same as your car

 

It wasn't an Alpina part, it's a BMW part and was never standard on any E39 Touring, just an option. I think my confusion comes from the fact that your cars twin, number 13, has got it fitted and might well be the only B10 V8S Touring with it.

 

Back on E34 chatter, I have done nothing with or to my E34 for six weeks now since I got my E39 back on the road; I left the E34 washed, polished and hoovered clean but I haven't touched it in weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2019 at 17:38, greenelekta said:

 

That looks ok to me. My e39 Touring has the original dealer sticker in the same place

 

v8s touring.jpg

Thanks for confirming. 

 

I’ve looked Into the original dealer, it’s BMW Royal Ascot. May try and get plates and stickers made up (via Pukar Designs). It’s a Syther dealership now, guess they will have no record of my 95’ touring?

 

Looked at my 90’ e30 also and that’s Milcars in Stanmore, which is now a massive golf shop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... that was an interesting Monday night/Tuesday morning! I'm probably not allowed to give any details away, so I won't, but I was on the fringes of London having the 520 filmed for a soon to be released music video! The car is basically in the entire video, unfortunately having driven it from Shaftesbury that afternoon it wasn't at its cleanest....

 

Certainly an interesting experience, and nice to have the car "immortalised" in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2019 at 22:33, sharkfan said:

 

It wasn't an Alpina part, it's a BMW part and was never standard on any E39 Touring, just an option. I think my confusion comes from the fact that your cars twin, number 13, has got it fitted and might well be the only B10 V8S Touring with it.

 

Back on E34 chatter, I have done nothing with or to my E34 for six weeks now since I got my E39 back on the road; I left the E34 washed, polished and hoovered clean but I haven't touched it in weeks.

 

 

Best sell it then =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly Dave. Entirely unloved with no redeeming features whatsoever - much like its present custodian.

 

I wonder if an E30 owner might want the tired old engine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, but at least that's known about rather than the spontaneous and random destructions of the 'B38.

 

I'll keep it for the time being then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×