RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

2 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

that Blaupunkt is just the business .. what a great idea ..

I had a look at that, and while I think it looks nice enough, I wouldn't buy it.  No iPod control, no CD player - wouldn't be my cup of tea at all.  Then again, I had a radio cassette in that car, so I might not be the best person to judge!!

Nice to see it has DAB though.  I'm hooked since I put that in the F10.

Edited by Calypso-E34

On 9/27/2018 at 9:49 AM, The Flying Banana said:

stereo is a thing for me as I love music, this was decent as it also had variable colour so it matches the dash at night but there is a member on here who managed to get a period radio that had modern insides that really fits in ..must have a look for that 

When I got it the car had a wood console and I changed it to black vinyl .. now I have gone back to wood ..still not sure ..wooden gear knob sorted tho to I see what that looks like ... was considering hydrodipping the wood trim to something different  I wondered if a dark wood like the old sports could be achieved

And I changed the seat backs to cloth ones as I thought the black was too much but kept the vinyl pockets .. stupid things but keeps me busy :)

wood_radio.jpg

vinyl_radio.jpg

The wood looks so much better!

Finally back on the road! MoT’d today after having some of my welding, umm, corrected... as well as some mechanical bits. I’ve missed driving her 

moved it last week and hunted for the manual bits, fired straight up after being sat for 3 months, hadn't even disconnected the battery and not a single stumble, which was very annoying as it used to refuse to start without a load of cranking last year if I left it more than a day, so whatever I replaced in all that time did fix it.

34 minutes ago, welshpug said:

moved it last week and hunted for the manual bits, fired straight up after being sat for 3 months, hadn't even disconnected the battery and not a single stumble, which was very annoying as it used to refuse to start without a load of cranking last year if I left it more than a day, so whatever I replaced in all that time did fix it.

Really that's bloody impressive! 3 months with the battery still connected and it fired up that M51 straight away?! Nice one! B)

That's quite rare. Obviously no parasitic drain on your battery so lucky you! :-D

Sprayed my replacement exhaust black and replaced the headlight bulbs to brighter more modern ones..

Much better.

Now just need to clean the car.

IMG_8350.JPG

Nice elekta, no change in pedal feel? I read some reviews stating the ss clutch line changes clutch feel.

12 minutes ago, Zackpl said:

Nice elekta, no change in pedal feel? I read some reviews stating the ss clutch line changes clutch feel.

Yes, I'm pleased with it. Hard to explain but pedal has a nicer action, feels like there is more there.

Edited by greenelekta

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:12, Kit said:

Sprayed my replacement exhaust black and replaced the headlight bulbs to brighter more modern ones..

Much better.

Now just need to clean the car.

IMG_8350.JPG

There is a bit of trim from BMW that clips around the bumper to 'fill' the space around your exhaust because its a single pipe . makes it look neater .. I will send you a pic of it

got a surprise after getting the Insurance renewal through for the saab I have been using given the auto in the e34 died, so I made a start on manual swapping, I've only had the parts since 2013 :lol:

so far got the pedal box swapped, just need to re-attach the brake rod and all the wiring plugs and trim.

On 06/11/2018 at 08:50, The Flying Banana said:

There is a bit of trim from BMW that clips around the bumper to 'fill' the space around your exhaust because its a single pipe . makes it look neater .. I will send you a pic of it

Great.

Please send. 

K

got the brake bar refitted and reconnected the wiring, found the clutch switch wire, also found the reverse light switch, removed the auto shifter, thats about as far as I have figured, need to find info on the wiring!

20181116_162648.jpg

20181116_175612.jpg

removed the dead box outside on axle stands, not a bad job really, starter bolts were fiddly as they were not oem and awkward to get tools at.

these things are so much heavier than the zf manual box!

20181119_220244.jpg