RumRunner

What have you done on your E34 Today

3,128 posts in this topic

Recently seen people ask this of the E39.  So come on E34 owners lets see what you have done to the E34 this week end

I have worked on the front dash and reassembled it with the ratio on the left side, the OBC on the right.  Also fitted the iPhone mount. I also have made up a sound board with all that is needed to run a amp and base box in the boot.  

Edited by RumRunner

Nothing on mine... had the pleasure of meeting stevenc and geoff today at there ix storage yard... was nice to put a face to a name and see geoffs and stevens ix's....

Hopefully this week will see e34 action.... still not 100% right... but never was in first place...!

Nothing this weekend due to moving house BUT the new house will allow me to get back on the spanners and maybe make some progress on my blown stroker project!

On the plus side, I visited the car yesterday to collect some items (kettle, vital for fuelling the workers during the move lol) and the car looked spankingly clean!!

Brakes seized, window still smashed, engine still half missing but she looked clean :-D

Sent from my phone whilst driving, eating a kebab and smoking.

I looked at mine and thought I really should get my garage cleared out so I can start some work on it...?

C.

I drove it about a bit and winced at the noises the suspension makes... alas I still haven't secured sufficient funds to do anything about it :(

Changed the thermostat and housing on the iX. It hasn't been warming up properly for ages. Fitted a new 92 degree stat and an alloy housing. Problem solved!  8)

Rear driver's side caliper replaced, old one was sticking and the pads had turned pink! New pads to rear and picked up an unused 15" BBS as a spare.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I used mine as a table to pile a load of E39 bits onto as I'm giving that a service, fitting new valve cover gaskets, new 'stat, oil separators and associated hoses.

Next week I'll use the E39 to pile some E34 bits onto when I give that a service and do the dreaded valve clearances.

Charged battery, clean fuel, opened shed up and ran it up to temperature - all good so far.

electric headrests sticking re switch so needs to be looked at and want a period radio/cassette as the nice one in there is too modern.

windows left open and car covered etc.

need the second fob programmed to alarm system and sets of spare keys cut - then happy re security.

its in the dry and out of rain and wind at moment.

Not really a weekend task but tidying up under the bonnet is the winter project. Cleaning 20 years of accumulated grot, replacing missing/broken clips, repairing wiring etc.. Some headway made but still a work-in-progress.

Before:

post-40578-0-73217200-1392055627_thumb.j

After:

post-40578-0-55662600-1392055636_thumb.j

Nocky, 525iSport, Carl-e34 and 4 others like this

Looks absolutely great but my OCD twitch was set off by the missing covers on the engine cover bolt holes ;)

Looks absolutely great but my OCD twitch was set off by the missing covers on the engine cover bolt holes ;)

It's a fair cop! That's going to irritate me now! :P

I did ask Idiot a few weeks back if he had any kicking around when he mentioned about having loads of covers. Must remind him to have a look.............

New ones were around £16 a set of 4 from BMW!

Edited by 540i/6DB

Looking lovely there!

Cheers Stu.

Fiddly cleaning like this isn't really my forte-I get bored too easily so it takes twice as long as it should! ^_^

Not really a weekend task but tidying up under the bonnet is the winter project. Cleaning 20 years of accumulated grot, replacing missing/broken clips, repairing wiring etc.. Some headway made but still a work-in-progress.

Before:

attachicon.gif540i,2.jpg

After:

attachicon.gif540i.jpg

Looking well nice  :-P keep the good work up !! one last thing ... is your 2.5 washer bottle new ... 

This weekend just gone, met with Idiot and handed over some stuff, got a 540i bumper with headlight wash in Oxford Green in return.

Packed roofrails for Simufly and a driver's window for a 520 owner down in Portsmouth (have worked out how to send glass through the courier network).

Edited by Dongiov
RJS likes this

Nothing on mine... had the pleasure of meeting stevenc and geoff today at there ix storage yard... was nice to put a face to a name and see geoffs and stevens ix's....

Hopefully this week will see e34 action.... still not 100% right... but never was in first place...!

The previous Sunday, worked my bollocks off.  Met up with StevenC, his dad, Goosie and 540V8, used the 525i tourer as a panel donor for Billy's old iX, we changed over all the doors, locks, bonnet and wings, stripped a lot of other stuff off the 525i and the TDS.  Started at 9.30am, didn't finish until darkness had fallen.

Billy's iX now looks like a loved E34 tourer again (just don't look at the rear quarters).   Pleased to report that we didn't find any extra rust when we took off the wings.  Many thanks especially to Steven's dad.

Edited by Dongiov

Looking well nice  :-P keep the good work up !! one last thing ... is your 2.5 washer bottle new ... 

Thanks Carl. No it's still the original washer bottle. Most of the muck was on the outside, was quite surprised by how it turned out after a good scrubbing though!

Thanks Carl. No it's still the original washer bottle. Most of the muck was on the outside, was quite surprised by how it turned out after a good scrubbing though!

Well done  :-P they look brand new :-P  

This weekend I finished bidding on a clean looking 525i in Bristol. Then found out the seller has gone away for 3 days and cannot collect until Wednesday.... :'(

But then itll have a nice drive back to Berkshire before this weekend full service and overhaul :)

Hopefully will be working on it lots over the next few weekends :)

This week end was spent fitting the new audio upgrade in the Trunk or boot.

I may consider removing it to cover the board in material

post-33716-0-00399800-1392131369_thumb.j