stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

Hopefully have fixed the leak into my boot. It wasn't the tail light gasket (which I spent some time removing the old gasket and silicon sealant to replace the gasket). Turns out the lock pin for the fuel filler wasn't fitted properly (wasn't screwed in) and so was letting water in that way. Fitting it back into the body seems to have sorted it. Nice simple fix

Well I took her for a nice run up and over to Whitby, a good blast on the A64 to clear her pipes.

Tomorrow she'll get a good wash down.

Sunny day, so washed, leathered and put in the garage before it rains again. First time for month I've managed to wash it.

gave the inside a good clean.

fuelled up for the indie to collect tomorrow.

hope it comes back by Tuesday with abs, dsc and weird braking all sorting out.

codes being read and general good look over.

drove a nice turbo diesel today, pulled well but lacked the missing two cylinders and about 130bhp as well.

cant complain as it is first glitch in three years, that's what came of deliberately not using it over the xmas and leaving it in the shed.

Changed my thermostat on Friday and discovered what a bodge job had been done before. Looks like the PO didnt get a new gasket seal so used instant gasket VERY liberally - there was even a bit that had come off and got stuck in the old thermostat :( Cleaned it all up, fitted a new thermostat and gasket and refilled the coolant - and now the car gets up to 92c much quicker, and then drops back down as the thermostat opens!

Fingers crossed the MPG will improve a bit now...

Edited by guido45

After getting 2 new front tyres fitted at the weekend, I figured it was time to get the tracking all realigned again since the car has had some suspension work done. So just waiting to to collect the car after it's been on the Hunter machine and hopefully should be all set up properly again. 8)

Vacuumed the interior, and changed the bulb behind the mileage. Man I got ripped too by the stealer!! After just £11 for the intake tube which I thought great price, they just made their money back; a fiver for a bulb, but I had the dash out and won't have time again for a couple of weeks to do it so I bought one :( grrrrrrrrrr

Mourned the loss of my fatally wounded front cupholder after my good Lady borrowed the car for the morning.

FECK!

Just buy a 12 pack of cupholders off ebay - probably last you a couple of years...

... besides - it's not like they actually hold cups anyway :mrgreen:

What was annoying is that I hadn't broken it in over three years of ownership and Mrs Sharkfan managed it in 1 journey.

Edited by sharkfan