stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

Finally got round to giving mine a proper clean!! First one of this year ..... :shock:

IMG_20140119_165146_zpsc25861de.jpg

Now to try and keep it that clean........ :?

Had my car a couple of weeks now and the PDC hasn't worked. Common long tone and silence. Checked all the sensors with INPA previously but they all appeared to be working and all were clicking.

Scanned the codes with DIS when I first got the car to check for errors however I was focussing primarily on looking for engine related etc. and didn't read the details of the PDC or notice the instrument cluster error. Checked tonight and both were along the lines of 'acoustic sensor cannot be found' type errors. Tried the MID gong test and just got silence silence. Popped open the kick panel and all three wires are unplugged. Plugged them back in and problems resolved. PDC fixed in 10 minutes. Simple fixes are always the best :)

Cleaned out under the drivers seat and now I'm £9 richer .... Touch

YNP

Content provided by this user should not be considered correct due to the fact he's a raving fruitloop.

Scrapped it :-( 540i now at final resting place, but still got my 528i :-) Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hope it didn't have sand beige leather seats - I'm still looking to find rears for mine!

Been out and fitted the new inlet tube on the throttle body/ICV, bit of a fiddle but ok to do.

Also have changed the temperature sensor on the bottom rad hose. Seems to have been leaking coolant there as I noticed a small amount of fluid there on Friday morning. I suspected the O ring had gone bad. New sensor had a black o-ring, old one green - seems from reading other forums this is a common place to have a leak and the O ring is the problem, and the manufacturer changed the ring material - how much truth there is in this I don't know. Finger's x'd that this will cure my coolant loss problem but only time will tell.....

Wondered why it smelt of Banana...

Removed semi-dried offender from glovebox... Freakin kids.

(Also, Mrs drove through a biosecurity lockdown area the day before... NO fresh fruit to pass in or out...Ooooops!)

I fitted a new hedgehog* today.

And very proud of myself I am, too (I am a total liability when let loose with a tool kit). :D

* For those who think I may have lost the plot, hedgehog = Final Stage Resistor/Unit (FSR/FSU) for the car's HVAC system, so-called because its fins resemble the spines of said mammal.

Revitalised left side brakes (front and rear) on my 535i. I took them off, cleaned, changed seals, polished pistons and sliding bolts, cleaned calliper holders and painted heat resistant red (driver side next weekend) then bleeding. Looks awesome !

Edited by hubblaz