stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

Hard to say as I am not really paying attention to the mileage... hmmm.... I think it’s on about mid 123k now?

Skewed a bit by nearly 900 mile round trip to Germany back in September.

Edited by chicaneuk

6 hours ago, Tam said:

35 profile  bud 

20181102_165010.jpg

They look lower than the 35s on mine, maybe because you have the same on the front it gives that impression.

Four new MAXXIS boots today at my mate's tyre emporium near Dorking, Surrey. Also fitted 15mm hubcentric spacers on the front only as they need to come out a little.20181105_131554_HDR-1.jpg.21fca6bb7db70d5d2adf570c059f2118.jpg20181105_133549_HDR-1.jpg.7e6e204abd357d74aea8678922c7e259.jpg20181105_145155_HDR-1.jpg.b568517762eec96ef677faef33c61e7b.jpg20181105_145139_HDR-1.jpg.c4a90eb50b79dfa024f47ac994304f5d.jpg20181105_145229_HDR-1.jpg.bf82bd40d7003661b7bcb6cb91c7b9fb.jpg20181105_145107_HDR-1.jpg.3001c6c921d7fc3e1c8dc6c578cb87dc.jpg

Looks lovely 8)

I'd still go 5mm hubcentric shims on the rear to give them that last little bit of a nudge, so they're level with the arches ;) 

Trying to track down a coolant leak on my M5.  Found a great price on a radiator.  My waterpump bearing failed and sent metal filings through the system, getting caught in the radiator so was probably a good time to replace this anyway.  The lower hose connection seems loose so I'll have a look in to that.  Also ordered 10 litres of oil, oil filter and some brake fluid

Just fitted the style 37's I bought a while back, I wasn't intending on fitting them yet as I wanted to refurb them first but a couple of the tyres on my style 32's are starting to crack on the sidewalls. 

And seeing as winter is now upon us there was little point in refurbishing them yet anyway. Obligatory pic; 

004.JPG

Have not been entirely happy with how clattery my engine has been since swapping to a seemingly non-LL01/LL04 compliant version of Castrol Edge recently (5w30) so with a day off today I decided to grab some cheap QX 5w40 from ECP and another filter and just been to swap that out. Definitely sounds a fair bit smoother and less rattly now so worth the £30 or so it cost :)

1 hour ago, chicaneuk said:

Have not been entirely happy with how clattery my engine has been since swapping to a seemingly non-LL01/LL04 compliant version of Castrol Edge recently (5w30) so with a day off today I decided to grab some cheap QX 5w40 from ECP and another filter and just been to swap that out. Definitely sounds a fair bit smoother and less rattly now so worth the £30 or so it cost :)

Both my E39s and my E38 ran quieter/smoother on 5W40 and at the price you can get it at ECP and their Mann filters; it's worth doing a few changes a year IMO ;) 

changed all the rear suspension arms on the car, ended up snapping one of the bolts holding the left wishbone in place. So have to organise a lift to the dealer tomorrow for a new nut, bolt and washer. Got one side all tightened up and spun the wheel and it sounds like a broken washing machine so thinking the wheel bearings will need changed soon. Dont think the arms have ever been changed they were that bad. 

3 hours ago, sharkfan said:

That Poplar trim only looks good against one certain interior colour... and you've nailed it, just perfect.

Thanks very much! 

I’ve watched a couple of sets come and go on eBay, but finally took the plunge last week. It’s something a bit different anyway.  

Edited by LukeH

31 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Early MOT and oil service (as in brought forward time-wise) at BMR Performance in Turners Hill, West Sussex.

20181119_082237_HDR-1.jpg.b001770fe719ee8a73e0356d2c3022d5.jpg

**Cough cough...**

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vf-engineering-supercharger-system-bmw-e39-540i-p2619.aspx

Gerr'it done ;) :mrgreen: 

1 hour ago, d_a_n1979 said:

**Cough cough...**

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vf-engineering-supercharger-system-bmw-e39-540i-p2619.aspx

Haha, yeah nice thought Dan, but....

.....back in the real world.... :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

**Cough cough...**

Hmmm, $6495, that's just over five grand sterling, for over 400bhp.........

Anyone fancy lending me five thousand pounds.....? :D

It’s been a while again. 

Polished headlights. First time doing it so I took it easy. Will need going over again to make perfect.

Replaced OSR window reg

sorted NSR central locking issue

replaced under door lights for LED

replaced fogs for LED then changed them back again as they didn’t light the road up much

diagnosed NSF speaker fault to be a broken cable, not found the break yet but tested with new cable and all works as it should so will probably just run a new cable and finally have all the speakers working.

i’ve been driving her daily for a month. She’s behaved impeccably so i’ve not touched my 15 plate Peugeot. A bit heavier on the wallet but bigger smiles all round.

1E1E1D98-AE00-4906-8E24-6BBC7BC50B15.jpeg