stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

25 minutes ago, domin8or said:

Nice and clean (even under the lip spoiler):rolleyes:

Thanks - especially for you! :D

29 minutes ago, NWJW said:

What did that cost you in petrol? About a million pounds? :lol:   

It's looking nice by the way!

Cheers - well, 700 miles at 28mpg (together, all three trips combined probably around 70% motorway or dual carriageway - not always without jams though) equals 25 gallons-ish. At an average of £5.86 per gallon, that's £146.25.

....and I enjoyed every flippin' mile ...:D   

12 hours ago, jwarrens84 said:

I sold the 528i and bought a 530d sport touring, had it a few months now.

57A8DA40-38DB-4E67-BC38-526E6446050B.jpeg

Looks real tidy...

Took the old girl to Chelsea today, thought she looked right at home parked up on the Kings Road amongst all the modern metal.

Got a couple of issues that need addressing at the next service due next week though

Air bag warning light stays on while the Air-Con (being severely tested

these past days) is cold but not as cold as it was last year so maybe a re-gas is needed?

I also have an occasional warning light coming on saying "rear self levelling suspension not working'

though, strangely, when I turn off the engine and turn it back on the light and fault clears immediately. 

We're planning to drive the Trans - Fagarasan highway in Romania and I don't fancy getting a collapsed rear suspension doing that so need to find out why its doing that.

Also I wanted to ask an opinion, back when I had my E30 M3  I used to drain out the coolant mixture out of the S14 engine every year and replenish with fresh mixture.

Is there any benefit to changing out the coolant on my M54 engine every year? or is it overkill?

otherwise I hope your all enjoying the lovely weather.

Marc

image1.JPG

35 minutes ago, Marc_C said:

Took the old girl to Chelsea today, thought she looked right at home parked up on the Kings Road amongst all the modern metal.

Got a couple of issues that need addressing at the next service due next week though

these past days) is cold but not as cold as it was last year so maybe a re-gas is needed?

I also have an occasional warning light coming on saying "rear self levelling suspension not working'

though, strangely, when I turn off the engine and turn it back on the light and fault clears immediately. 

We're planning to drive the Trans - Fagarasan highway in Romania and I don't fancy getting a collapsed rear suspension doing that so need to find out why its doing that.

Also I wanted to ask an opinion, back when I had my E30 M3  I used to drain out the coolant mixture out of the S14 engine every year and replenish with fresh mixture.

Is there any benefit to changing out the coolant on my M54 engine every year? or is it overkill?

Marc

image1.JPG

For my money, even if you are full on enthusiast grade owner level, changing coolant every year is definitely unnecessary. Even every other year would be excessive in my opinion! 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:02 PM, Marc_C said:

Marc

image1.JPG

Excellent photo of a great looking car.

Just get shot of that f'ugly GB sticker! Stick one back on when you need it. 

Edited by Loadmaster

2 hours ago, Marc_C said:

Wandsworth to Chelsea.....watch you don’t wear it out with all that driving!

But  I have to say it looks good :)

14 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Yup; time for a change

As with many things in life, a change is sometimes needed/required etc.

Stay faithful to the E39 brotherhood Dan, (AKA the E39 Section of this forum) - your informative and interesting posts will be missed! Can't believe that there will be no more pics of "EJ02" on your driveway after it's been washed.

Keep an eye on that GBS chap - make sure he cleans it regularly! :lol:

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

As with many things in life, a change is sometimes needed/required etc.

Stay faithful to the E39 brotherhood Dan, (AKA the E39 Section of this forum) - your informative and interesting posts will be missed! Can't believe that there will be no more pics of "EJ02" on your driveway after it's been washed.

Keep an eye on that GBS chap - make sure he cleans it regularly! :lol:

Haha :lol:

I've got @GBSaddress, so if it gets dirty I'll hunt him down and throw soaking sponges at him ;):P:lol: 

But yes, time to move away from the E39. I'll be sticking with BMW, but not sure which yet, it'll be a toss up between an E61 touring or possible a facelift E65 7... I'm hankering after another land barge :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Haha :lol:

I've got @GBSaddress, so if it gets dirty I'll hunt him down and throw soaking sponges at him ;):P:lol: 

But yes, time to move away from the E39. I'll be sticking with BMW, but not sure which yet, it'll be a toss up between an E61 touring or possible a facelift E65 7... I'm hankering after another land barge :mrgreen:

It's gonna be covered up till i can sell my civic and transfer the NCB on the insurance! It's torture not being able to drive it :D

On 5/15/2018 at 10:21 PM, NWJW said:

Over the last few weeks I've been gradually converting my interior from all beige with vavona wood trim to two tone black and beige with aluminium trim, I now have an interior that looks like this;

You've done a great job. I did the same when i had my 5

Went from this

Picture_068.jpg

Picture_070.jpg

To this.

1_231.jpg

1_226.jpg

1_229.jpg

1_233.jpg

1_234.jpg

Biggest fun was the carpet.

1_237.jpg

On Thursday evening took the B10 for its MOT. 

Failed when they tested the car on Friday with some minor things, and the only part needed was a new windscreen washer pump. The rest were just adjustments. Then passed  :-D

First drive in over year, albeit a short drive to and back from the MOT station but as always was a pleasure to drive

12 months MOT for the 530d today. 

Failed on handbrake. A clean and adjust and passed with only the usual E39 advisory of rusty brake pipes worth noting. 

Not bad for 45k miles in two years 

F9664D11-8D18-4138-B064-0EB6DBF67BB8.jpeg

Edited by falcodub

Are you sure it's actually the brake pipe that the MOT inspector has picked up, it could be the fuel return pipe which runs down the left side.

Refurb of Calipers before refurbed wheels go back on.

Before :

IMG_0720.thumb.JPG.5778d279c07351ea0b8bb6210ec3abaf.JPG

During :

IMG_0721.thumb.JPG.44ef01958665e11b8b55ac89da63d327.JPG

After, pad clips still to go on,painted them black,but need calipers dry before fitting :

IMG_0722.thumb.JPG.a4bbf5821429dded9cbc927b2da7e89a.JPG