stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

32 minutes ago, R44M BM said:

Picked up my car from Chapman Detailing.. feels like the car has just come out of the showroom in 2002 :lol:

Screenshot_20180601-190433_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20180601-190419_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20180601-190100_WhatsApp.jpg

:o 

Thos seats are amazing; never seen that design before I don't think! Steering wheel looks spot on too :) 

We’ll I had a quick look the other night and something did take my eye! 

Its got issues (a bit like myself! ;) ) 

but as long as the dreaded tin worm hasn’t got a grip of it then I think it could be a good buy? 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323279115714

AC not working, sat nav not working, monitor not working properly, EML light on, 189,000 and going rusty. It would take a braver man than me to take a gamble at that price.

1 minute ago, coolhand9 said:

AC not working, sat nav not working, monitor not working properly, EML light on, 189,000 and going rusty. It would take a braver man than me to take a gamble at that price.

Really? 

Back light is probably dry joints?

A/C will be lack of gas! 

EML light? Dunno but more than likely a sensor?

its the rust that’s a main issue for me! 

And 189k pah just bearly ran in....

;) 

2 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Really? 

Back light is probably dry joints?

A/C will be lack of gas! 

EML light? Dunno but more than likely a sensor?

its the rust that’s a main issue for me! 

And 189k pah just bearly ran in.... 

;) 

You're quite possibly right but it always worries me when people don't do the simple fixes, after all it is his "pride and joy"

22 minutes ago, coolhand9 said:

You're quite possibly right but it always worries me when people don't do the simple fixes, after all it is his "pride and joy"

I hear what you’re saying but I still think it’s worth a punt! 

And as our thick necked friend dan knows Darwin is not named after the man! And is one of them places where you go to make yourself feel better about yourself.....

;) 

Also what might appear to you/me as a “simple” fix might seem like an un-winnable battle to some? 

“If” the seller has taken their “pride and joy” to mr  fix it and bodge it and they have done the long drawn in breath through their teeth and they then said the EML light “could” be a sensor but “more” likely a module and a foo foo valve and it “will” cost around £2k to fix.

then the seller has filled their undercrackers full of poo and stuck it on evilbay and saying what they think is the correct ting to say! 

However, it could be the elusive foo foo valve that’s fuckered up and we all know how that can sting us.....

I still think it’s worth it’s cash ;) 

1 hour ago, Yokozuna said:

And as our thick necked friend dan knows Darwin is not named after the man! And is one of them places where you go to make yourself feel better about yourself.....

;) 

Also what might appear to you/me as a “simple” fix might seem like an un-winnable battle to some? 

“If” the seller has taken their “pride and joy” to mr  fix it and bodge it and they have done the long drawn in breath through their teeth and they then said the EML light “could” be a sensor but “more” likely a module and a foo foo valve and it “will” cost around £2k to fix.

then the seller has filled their undercrackers full of poo and stuck it on evilbay and saying what they think is the correct ting to say! 

However, it could be the elusive foo foo valve that’s fuckered up and we all know how that can sting us.....

Untill you inspect the underbody and jacking points for rust you wont tell if it is a good buy, unless you are willing to take on a winter project then it is okay.

I was looking at 540i touring with genuine alpina wheels and steering wheel nice and clean black leather and good engine, but it was riddled with rust beyond belief...the tailgate was shot, jacking points gone in all corners, arches are bad.... I ran for the hills

^^^^ yup! 

Like I said it’s the rust that’s the cause for concern for me! Everything is fixable, I know rust is but it’s a bigger job and it WILL return....

7 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

;) 

It's worth a look over my alcohol dependent friend; but I wouldn't want to be paying more than it's already up for TBH

It's going to need a fair bit of work; maybe c£1k on top of the asking price and then you've to ask is it worth that with all the issues fixed?

I also cannot stand LPG conversions on cars like these; more so when they drill through the fecking body fecking work and fecking stick the fecking stupid fecking filler cap on the fecking outside like they do :roll::angry: ... Cockwombles! 

2 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

It's worth a look over my alcohol dependent friend; but I wouldn't want to be paying more than it's already up for TBH

It's going to need a fair bit of work; maybe c£1k on top of the asking price and then you've to ask is it worth that with all the issues fixed?

I also cannot stand LPG conversions on cars like these; more so when they drill through the fecking body fecking work and fecking stick the fecking stupid fecking filler cap on the fecking outside like they do :roll::angry: ... Cockwombles! 

I’m only dependent on day’s ending in Y :rolleyes: :lol: 

its a 15 year old car so unless it’s up at £5/6/7k then I’d expect it to require a bit of work ;) 

anyway, if it’s still available at the end of the month I'll give it a look over and probably walk away....

:lol: 

i am with Dan .. i read title of advert  . excitred...read V8S .. more excited ..read 177mph .. super excited .. read LPG .. shut page straight down, ,i hate LPG and wonder why people ruin cars with it ..escpecially as stated when the filler cap is drilled right through a quarter panel !!!!

Brand new, genuine Hella drivers side headlight fitted to match the passenger side one that was fitted a week before I bought the car; mainly for OCD reasons :roll::lol:

front.jpg

Fitted a strut brace and a DIY air intake too for shits & giggles (but also as I damaged the OEM intake box when refitting it after doing the CCV and still haven't sorted a replacement; it's doing a good job TBH)... Sounds great under load TBH :lol: Used the Meyle intake boot from a Z3 3.0 to delete the resonator too; looks tidier! The K&N filter I had in the garage fits into the cold air feed too which is a bonus!

strut.jpg

intake.jpg

Edited by d_a_n1979

3 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Brand new, genuine Hella drivers side headlight fitted to match the passenger side one that was fitted a week before I bought the car; mainly for OCD reasons :roll::lol:

front.jpg

Fitted a strut brace and a DIY air intake too for shits & giggles (but also as I damaged the OEM intake box when refitting it after doing the CCV and still have sorted a replacement)... Sounds great under load TBH :lol: Used the Meyle intake boot from a Z3 3.0 to delete the resonator too; looks tidier! The K&N filter I had in the garage fits into the cold air feed too which is a bonus!

strut.jpg

intake.jpg

Looks a bit tasty that lot...

39 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Booked mine in for the back box delete next Monday.

Get ready for attention. I've had two people pull alongside me and pointedly open the window and gesticulate "make noise!" at me on the M40 so far, and one shouted request across at some traffic lights as to whether my car is for sale because I'm a "sick man." Or something. I've only had the H&S boxes on for a week :D 

52 minutes ago, benedwards64 said:

Get ready for attention. I've had two people pull alongside me and pointedly open the window and gesticulate "make noise!" at me on the M40 so far, and one shouted request across at some traffic lights as to whether my car is for sale because I'm a "sick man." Or something. I've only had the H&S boxes on for a week :D 

It's "you is sick, innit" or words to that effect!

Mine won't be as lairy as your H&S boxes, but I hope to achieve a somewhat subtle (ish) increase on the rumble-omter. For the first try, it's just the muffler at the back coming off, leaving the resonator immediately before it in place for the time being.

An exhaust is definitely on the cards for mine at some point, at the moment it's completely standard apart from where someones cut a hole in the exhaust just before the back boxes.... :wink:

1 hour ago, Yokozuna said:

What does NJT stand for? 

Nother

Japanese 

Trashed

Here? 

:lol: :P 

Fuck me! You're bang on there, how did you know?

100 boring miles home on the motorway at the end of today after a v early start. Had a change of heart -  set cruise at about 58-60 (yeah, slow, but v quiet), reset OBC and... oozed silently along in the left lane undisturbed, music on.

Result: reports 42.1mpg. From a B10 3.3

I barely believe it myself - 34-35 is easy on long runs, it's good on fuel, but I really ought to have taken a pic...

Edited by Huff

Was it all downhill? I'm sure the obc on my car only goes up to 29.9mpg because I have never seen it read 30 or higher. :lol: