stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

How much to Cotswolds charge for the roundels, including delivery, Dan?

It's in their section pal; my request should be top half of the page IIRC ;) 

4 hours ago, trenchy24 said:

The design is awful... Underseal and plastic covers are just a recipe for disaster. I hate underseal, once the water has got under it... It just sits there!

I was already planning on dropping the tank. I just hope the rust hasn't started on the floor pans. It's at that point I may reconsider! 

1400 is a good price, with out a doubt. But I can't justify spending 1400 on a car I only paid 1200 for. As much as I love the car there are others out there in better condition for not alot more money. 

Thats true.

I dont know which underseal u use, i used bilt hamber underbody wax which leaves a thick waxy film  which doesn't sag or crack and it is water repellent.

First get quotes and see how it goes, remember most E39s suffer from rust ,some like mine looked very decent when I poked underneath but had some rust when you take off all covering.

Unless the car you will buy has been in dry garage most of its life

On 5/21/2018 at 12:38 PM, d_a_n1979 said:

There are differing sizes

As said above, the one I ordered is from a Z3 3.0 and the 330ci one fits as well IIRC

I'll have a proper look tomorrow and report back, to make sure the one I ordered fits

Just to confirm @chicaneuk that this intake boot fits perfectly and deletes the resenator

Part number is: 13541438761; I've used a Febi one via BMWmotormec; was c£17 IIRC

**Edit; here you go: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIR-INTAKE-HOSE-BMW-E46-330i-Z3-3-0-FEBI-13541438761/273213612618?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW&hash=item3f9ccce24a:g:azkAAOSwBoBarP6W

Fitted some new Bosch wiper blades. Ecp had a decent discount on so reserved some and collected after work. £16.01p after discount. 

Fitted in seconds...now i can see again.

Just collected mine after having Hayward & Scott back boxes fitted. Drive home will be fun... :D 

12 minutes ago, benedwards64 said:

Just collected mine after having Hayward & Scott back boxes fitted. Drive home will be fun... :D 

Pictures and a 4K video; or it didn't happen :P  ;)

Oh don't worry, I'll get something up over the weekend when I can work out how to mount the GoPro :D 

Fixed my driver side window from going all the way down because when it does it won't go back up. Regulator wires lost a little bit of tension so window carrier get stuck at the bottom of rails. All fixed now......for the moment

20180601_193745.jpg

14 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Christ on a bike @Loadmaster

It looks brand new!

14 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Christ on a bike @Loadmaster

It looks brand new!

Cheers Dan, it's genuinely in stunning condition and turns a few heads when cruising about as well...! The dealer wasn't wrong when, during our protracted negotiations, he said that he considered it to be amongst the best in the UK.

I really am over the f'ing moon with it....

Edited by Loadmaster

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

Followed by a polish, wax and a few photos by the old engine shed in town...20180602_195940_HDR.jpg.65abc647b30abd18c4a6a97462a4f88a.jpg20180602_195951_HDR.jpg.c96ae36a6f6c36e2ee4e307375e83990.jpg20180602_200008_HDR.jpg.cd0cb6030957f609c73356c7d0eb15ba.jpg

I personally think the E39 was the pinochle  of BMW design! 

If they still made them I’d have a brand spanking new one sat outside my house! 

Its example’s like yours that make me regret getting rid of mine, and mine was a P.O.S compared to yours.....

;) 

Theres something about the paint on the E39 that makes them stand out from other cars (BMW’s included) 

well done you! That’s a stunning example and I’m not going to look at ones for sale now.....

;) 

Still not keen on the square rear plate and the boot lid though, but like I said on another thread, that’s my personal opinion and if you said to me “Mr jay, do you want my car”? The boot lid wouldn’t put me off saying yes.....

;) 

You twat! Now I am going to see what’s available.....

:lol:;) 

1 hour ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Gorgeous. 

Still needs staggered 37's though. ;) :lol:

I know, I know. To me, a silver over black E39 Sport sitting on 37s is the perfect look.

I'm tempted and a set is readily available from the guy who sold me the car. But I do like the 66s and I don't really want the unnecessary expense of buying a whole set of 18" boots to go on 37s.

Time will tell... ;)

45 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

I know, I know. To me, a silver over black E39 Sport sitting on 37s is the perfect look.

I'm tempted and a set is readily available from the guy who sold me the car. But I do like the 66s and I don't really want the unnecessary expense of buying a whole set of 18" boots to go on 37s.

Time will tell... ;)

It's always horses for courses re cars and their looks; like clothes taste really.

What suits one, won't always suit the other

IMO; leave it as is, just drop it a touch on lowering springs and leave it be (well; that and a more burble based exhaust) 

It's so pristine that for me, it's best as OEM as possible, bar a few personal touches etc