stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

3,086 posts in this topic

New intercooler fitted last night. Also fitted 2 new rear tyres and correctly fitted the LED bulbs in the dome lighting upfront. What a pig they were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meyle HD rear subframe bushes now fitted.

Was going to do this job myself, but pulled my back this week at work, so took the subframe bush tool - thanks Jimmy - and the bushes to my local indy. They only charged £50.:D

FireFox-89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New camshaft position sensor fitted yesterday - easy job and now running silky-smooth with linear power instead of the lumpy running I had before! Bargain and the first job I've tackled myself so doubly pleased :)

Jim Bob and StRaNgEdAyS like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hippy said:

Meyle HD rear subframe bushes now fitted.

Was going to do this job myself, but pulled my back this week at work, so took the subframe bush tool - thanks Jimmy - and the bushes to my local indy. They only charged £50.:D

Mine need doing on my Touring, along with engine mounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2017 at 8:10 PM, Mr C said:

I fitted some lovely AXE EX15 18'' staggered alloys and tyres.....drool

20170301_175831.jpg

 

They look really well; suit the car :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week, fitted a replacement rear left pdc, yesterday replaced my buckled wheel & synced new remote fob. Today replaced the hinge wiring and I can now open the tailgate glass for the first time in 18 months. I've not been able to get the 5 in the garage for 18 months and it's a long road back to everything working :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I know this is a stupid question but I,m going to ask anyway, for fear breaking something 

 

How the hell does the key fob open to change the battery, is there a battery in there? if i didn't know any better I would say its glued together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Captain Beaky said:

Okay I know this is a stupid question but I,m going to ask anyway, for fear breaking something 

 

How the hell does the key fob open to change the battery, is there a battery in there? if i didn't know any better I would say its glued together.

Its bonded toghter you need to cut open and the battery is rechargable and i believe its soldered buy not 100% on the soldered (daimond key)

Edited by 530d titansport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 530d titansport said:

Its bonded toghter you need to cut open and the battery is rechargable and i believe its soldered buy not 100% on the soldered (daimond key)

Oh Crap!

So second stupid question of the day how is it rechargeable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Captain Beaky said:

Oh Crap!

So second stupid question of the day how is it rechargeable?

Only when in the ignition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So using that rationale if i leave the key in the ignition it will recharge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Captain Beaky said:

So using that rationale if i leave the key in the ignition it will recharge!

If the engine's running, like it would be driving. But, it depends on the condition of the battery, and obviously its age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jim Bob said:

Mine need doing on my Touring, along with engine mounts.

 

Definitely worth replacing those bushes. I didn't think mine were too bad, and was only replacing them as part of a rear suspension refurb / upgrade that I'm planning over the next few months.

However 2 of them were completely shot, although not surprising I guess as they were the originals I assume, and the car is now on 145K!

Captain Beaky and Jim Bob like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Installed a small power supply and power lead in the area above the front interior lights .This will be a "hardwire" solution for my dashcam .Which will be right by the mirror. I just stripped back the power leads , soldered in and shrink wrapped it . Much cleaner than having leads all over the car .

I'm going to put a USB port on the side of that piece, in just that manner, for that very purpose :)

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jim Bob said:

Mine need doing on my Touring, along with engine mounts.

 

I just aquired a 530d touring last thursday and I can definitely feel a unnatural movement when the engine first starts, fine afterward but my first thoughts were engine mounts.

 

Are they readily available?

Jim Bob likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Beaky said:

 

I just aquired a 530d touring last thursday and I can definitely feel a unnatural movement when the engine first starts, fine afterward but my first thoughts were engine mounts.

 

Are they readily available?

Yes, I bought Lemforder ones, so I don't need to replace again for a while. ECP have 55% off this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just needs dropping now Mr C, but looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2017 at 8:10 PM, Mr C said:

I fitted some lovely AXE EX15 18'' staggered alloys and tyres.....drool

20170301_175831.jpg

 

They look really well; suit the car 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitted interior LEDs yesterday

 

Dropped the car off this morning at the body shop to have both sills, both rear arches and rear bumper de-rusted/fixed/re-painted :)

 

Will update with pics when I get it back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Fitted interior LEDs yesterday

 

Dropped the car off this morning at the body shop to have both sills, both rear arches and rear bumper de-rusted/fixed/re-painted :)

 

Will update with pics when I get it back

Hi Dan

 

I must have missed that you're back behind the wheel of another 530i. What have you bought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hairyarse said:

Hi Dan

 

I must have missed that you're back behind the wheel of another 530i. What have you bought?

 

Here you go flower: 

;) 

Hairyarse likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now