stevewilley

What did you do to your E39 today ?

2,880 posts in this topic

Here,s a couple from the sellers advert Dave.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

greenelekta likes this

Thanks Dave,pics don,t do the interior justice really,dash is blue with the Technical Graphite trim,nice combo and a change from the usual Vavona,

I thought the car was black until i went to view it and realised it was a very dark blue,Rupes posted he thought it was a midnight blue edition.

Next job when the weather gets better is to have the bonnet and bumper sprayed to get rid of a few stone chips,

Looks well on the driveway with the Sport Touring.

E39mad likes this

That looks like oriant blue to me, same as my 530d se saloon, looks black till the sun hits it and BAM you see the blue in all its awsomeness!! I only wish my sport touring was the same and not silver or my next fav bmw colour crimson red that my old e34 535 sport was.

1 hour ago, 530d titansport said:

That looks like oriant blue to me, same as my 530d se saloon, looks black till the sun hits it and BAM you see the blue in all its awsomeness!! I only wish my sport touring was the same and not silver or my next fav bmw colour crimson red that my old e34 535 sport was.

Its Midnight Blue,my 523i was Orient Blue which was dark but slightly lighter and more blue than black than this is.

That's a stunner Mick! I've seen three this colour combo for sale lately. Historically I never liked any interior with a blue dash but I think that's one of the nicest, plushest looking 39 interiors I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

740mick likes this

In at Walkers Autotech in Wisborough Green, West Sussex, today. 

Replacement of rear lower hub ball joints, rear flexi hoses and gearbox output seal/mounts. 

Sent back a pair of LED bulbs for my E39 halos that I wasn't happy with, and ordered a different set. I've also ordered a CCV set from C3BMW on eBay :) 

On 04/03/2015 at 1:29 PM, amauvis said:

Not today, but this happened coming up for a year ago:

IMAG0602_zpsltie8lkn.jpg

IMAG0601_zpsbugvex37.jpg

IMAG0612_zpsraoni3nb.jpg

Any guesses what did that? Clue in third picture.

Well, after "resting up" in the garage for 2.5 years, I've finally gotten around to getting it repaired. Hopefully get it back next week :)

Jim Bob likes this

Im sure that would have buffed out ^_^

not a nice thing seeing a damaged E39 :(

Dammm! Boy if the bonnet wasn't clipped it would be an easy fix.

Was it the house in the background ?

^ I reckon it was the bloke reflected in the glass :lol:

Just now, duncan-uk said:

^ I reckon it was the bloke reflected in the glass :lol:

Well i didn't want to point fingers

Transformed it from daily runabout to special occasion carriage with a good wash and chamois, and swap to the good wheels :)6ff9763227b8478e327d69939be42ef5.jpg

0311d4965fe26a0631341ee4d38562e0.jpg

Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder.

urquattro and d_a_n1979 like this

^^^

I do like the Style 42s ;) 

22 hours ago, Too late said:

Pheasant ?

Deer. Left a chunk of its hair in what was left of the headlamp.

Edited by amauvis
chopp likes this

7 minutes ago, amauvis said:

Deer. Left a chunk of its hair in what was left of the headlamp.

That's not bad going for hitting a deer, did it swerve several times before you got him?

Jokes aside it could have been worse, I had a run with a lamb once, crossing the common land in a place called coity Nr bridgend there was this lamb stood on the side of the road on a bank, i could see it wanted to cross so I slowed down, then it stopped so I went fwd, then slowed again because it looked as if it wanted to cross again. After several times I just drove on as i was level with it and the bugger jumped head first in to the front wing of my W124 320E , wrecked it my new clear indicators as well . It ran off with a limp on its back leg ??? bleating, kids crying, wife shouting and I had to try and catch it in my crocs to a see it it was okay.

If I had mate he would have been in the boot for cawl  

chopp likes this

I didn't see it to be honest, it's only the evidence it left behind that gave a clue to what it was. I hit it at or just below 70mph on a fast, two lane A road. I was in the left lane and the road was almost deserted and it got me from the right - it would have crossed the opposite carriageway, jumped the central barrier and hit me. All I actually saw was a flash of beige at the time of impact. I'm presuming that its head dented the bonnet and broke the headlight, its shoulder smashed the bumper, its haunch took out the wing on the side repeater and its hooves gave the lower drivers door and sill a twatting as well. With all of that, it cannot have survived. if the head injury didn't kill it, it would have broken its neck. I couldn't stop as there was nowhere to pull over, and the next safe place was a mile up the road. So I never saw it.

Edited by amauvis

You couldn't have stopped to pick it up anyway the law says and this is daft that you can only take it home if you are travelling on the highway not if you killed it, yeh! sure

Oil service and suspension check at pro-grip, Larbert. I will be going back again for a full wheel alignment. very good service.

Bugger if I'd been behind you I think by law I could of legally picked it as I dibnt hit it!! And then give it good bollockin for damaging nicest cars on planet! Before I cooked it!:rolleyes::D

Captain Beaky likes this

I was following a transit recently and a load of deer jumped out. We both managed to stop but I did say to the wife if they'd been hit we'd be having venison!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An acquaintance of mine once told me he picked one up as road kill a few years ago. He knew it was a fresh kill as he had passed the same spot less that half an hour before. He took it home, hung it in his workshop. He gralloched it into a container of some sort, and went indoors briefly for reasons I've forgotten. When he came out again his border collie was busy scoffing down as much bloody offal as it could. He gave it a good cursing and it slunk off. He cleared up and went indoors, and the dog appeared looking guilty and wanting forgiveness. It wasn't until he went to bed that he discovered that the dog had gone upstairs and climbed on the bed after its telling off. There the surfeit of offal caught up with it, and it had thrown up all over the bed.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Fitted LED halo bulbs. Far better quality than the ones I returned. However, 45w isn't as bright as I thought it would be, but it's still bright enough. I understand this is to do with the optics of the lamp nd not the brightness of the LED.