//M3

The ring 2014

I'm up for it. Been a few years since I've been.

Looks like they haven't released all the dates yet... http://nurburgring.org.uk/calendar.php#.UsWzvG8gGK0

Will keep an eye on it!

Was relatively chilly around that time of year, but not too busy. I can thoroughly recommend http://www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de/. Was about €12 a night.

Having been twice in the last two years with the alfa forum in the GTA I can highly recommend it to all as is's a great laugh. Defo worth travelling over on the friday and getting a full weekend in.

I have never booked insurance but last last time my mate crashed his red S2 (it's on youtube). Luckly I've been able to bail him out as he couldn't afford the bill for the barrier so I would say it's worth it. (It cost €2000 just to get off the track) You can buy it there for about €100 which will cover the weekend.

I'm planning to go again this year around september but not sure the 5 will be ready so it'll have to wait till next year. :)

Edited by Joss

I looked at going last year when i was in Germany, couldent make it, and cost to much at the time. I wouldent mind going later this year or next year to combine the ring and visiting family.....

It needs some one to do a little leg work and plan a weekend ring trip and give folk the opertunity to book time and plan things.

With regards to someone doing the leg work and all the planning - I wouldn't bother - Had it far too many times when trying to organise something like this so I don't bother anymore.

You get people showing interest but when it comes to the crunch time of taking deposits for booking ferries, hotels etc people then change their tune considerably and come up with allsorts of excuses and out of a list of say 15 people, only 2 or 3 will actually go!

Best thing is to choose a date for the trip and let everyone book their own thing and then put a list of people who ARE going - not people who MIGHT go!

Edited by V8Warrior

I'm looking to go 2nd weekend in June - off on the Friday back home Sunday or Monday.  I'll post details on here in the next couple of days.  I always go through the rigmarole of doing big group email about going and only end up with 4 or 5 peeps going out of everyone who responds. 

Hi All,

Looking to go to the Nurburgring 2nd weekend in June the 14th & 15th and just thought I’d see if anyone fancies tagging along.  Would look to go the early hours of Friday morning and maybe make it in time for a couple of laps in the evening when the track is open 5-7pm then have 2 full days Saturday and Sunday to do as many laps as you wish and would return either Sunday evening or Monday day.  Going to start looking at ferries and hotels in the next few days so drop me a mail if you fancy coming and I’ll keep you in the loop.

And in the meantime here’s a vid to wet your appetite ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FouTfzHctpo

Cheers

Smed 

That's the weekend before the N24. Given most Germans go to that for a week, I'd get accommodation booked ASAP if I were you.

cheers for the heads up Dan - got it booked.  Always stay at the LIndenhof just need to sort ferries now.  

In going out with my brother on the 15 th august, back on the Monday. Taking the 5 and putting in lots of laps on gran turismo first so I'll be an expert by then ;)

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Just got back from my 2014 Trip.

Bit pissed as when I booked the track was open for cars but when the day came, it was a bikes only evening! However, the GP Circuit more than made up for that - 15 minutes on there was a great giggle!

I don't know why Tiff Nedel said that doing a 360 in the E39 M5 and continuing like nothing had happened was difficult - I found it quite easy :lol::huh::D