Piper

Piper's E39 540i Touring

41 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Sits so well on those wheels

Where did you source them from?

Just one of the main online sellers, can't remember but they're readily available I think. Course I would have loved a mint OEM set but at £2000 with tyres....

17 hours ago, Piper said:

Just one of the main online sellers, can't remember but they're readily available I think. Course I would have loved a mint OEM set but at £2000 with tyres....

Cheers

I've seen them on a few websites etc... 

I'm not a huge 'it's OEM or nothing' guy, as long as the car looks well sat on whatever wheels etc... 

I love this car.

If only my Mrs didn't think the current e39 was a fuel nightmare! Oh and also if I had the money...

Lovely car. Touring is a cracking looking motor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, urquattro said:

seem to remember you had a V12 not so long ago ?

That I did. And I made a huge mistake in selling it for £1500 when it's now worth double that.

^ Looks pretty beat/chaved up Carl :unsure:^

Also seems like a lot of money for one of those really.... Does look somewhat neglected and as has been mentioned above these were worth peanuts a few years ago. A car in this condition imho would of been worth near scrap value back then and could easily have been bought for a few hundred quid.....Which is probably what the current seller has done! It's last MOT was in 2013....... Most of the value is probably in the number plate?

On a side note, I'm quite surprised how the interior of that e32 is very familiar with that of an e34.... In my eyes, not a lot of difference really? Not massive anyway and it's still a nice place to be even after all these years! B)

Edited by boiliebasher

looking for £5k not for that car, mass of unknowns so a visit before bid essential.

advert is crap, bad composure and repeats - I would run a mile before a blind bit.

just my views having bid/bought unseen crap.

1 hour ago, boiliebasher said:

^ Looks pretty beat/chaved up Carl :unsure:^

Also seems like a lot of money for one of those really.... Does look somewhat neglected and as has been mentioned above these were worth peanuts a few years ago. A car in this condition imho would of been worth near scrap value back then and could easily have been bought for a few hundred quid.....Which is probably what the current seller has done! It's last MOT was in 2013....... Most of the value is probably in the number plate?

On a side note, I'm quite surprised how the interior of that e32 is very familiar with that of an e34.... In my eyes, not a lot of difference really? Not massive anyway and it's still a nice place to be even after all these years! B)

37 minutes ago, urquattro said:

looking for £5k not for that car, mass of unknowns so a visit before bid essential.

advert is crap, bad composure and repeats - I would run a mile before a blind bit.

Hi guys,

The price has gone upwards since posting :D 

45 minutes ago, urquattro said:

Yep same here been there done that. Never again will I put a offer on an unseen car again. Some people are just ignorant to the fact their car is not even remotely close to the description and others well, are just flat out liars....  I would run for the hills before putting a bid on that pile of kack......

Wanted : time and energy to get this 540i Touring sorted out, on the road and sold. 

Edited by Piper

Hi Scott, 

Needs

*Front sport bumper painting and fitting

*Rear bumper needs respraying, (I chipped it)

*Extending boot floor I bought needs fitting 

*Front DG windows need installing

*M5 seats need dying black

*Lack of torque at low revs

*Needs paint correction all over to finish bodywork

*Front of sills are starting to go again (awful design flaw) 

*Tailgate doesn't stay open (when I had replacement tailgate fitted I don't think he connected it up properly, supposed to use a special BMW tool)

*need to replace painted rear bumper trim with original black trim

*need to do resistor hack on rear Celis to get rid of error message on check control

*some black interior tailgate trim missing, dealer wants approx £40 for a simple bit of trim

Edited by Piper