Piper

Piper's E39 540i Touring

443 posts in this topic

Off to London to pick up a new car. A 1999 540i Touring.

This is a massive gamble but at £1100 it's worth a punt.

_573_zpsb82c0027.jpg

_574_zpsd7d09aee.jpg

_57_zpsdfaa3868.jpg

Edited by Piper
rado16v likes this

Good choice Chris, hope it a good one, my 540 touring is brilliant and I dont care it has an autobox,

yours looks green as well, mine is oxford green with light green hide interior - I like it as its not a dark interior.

Hope it cleans up nice and wait some pics after your tlc over the xmas break.

Piper likes this

Why did you get rid of your 540 before?

Also why/how do you go through soo many cars when you buy the same models, I thought I was bad but mine are about 18months of ownership but different makes and models

Piper likes this

Cam sensor, crank sensor, coolant temp sensor, the rad was about to blow, the springs snapped, the cluster only half worked, check control died, it leaked, had 210k on it. To be fair tho it still shifted. 110 through the forest with snapped rear springs!

Bet you wish you'd kept that RD intake now ey chris!

Edited by Idiot
Piper likes this

Also why/how do you go through soo many cars when you buy the same models, I thought I was bad but mine are about 18months of ownership but different makes and models

I haven't owned the same car twice, never had a E39 Touring and can never pass up on a V8 Edited by Piper

Thanks guys. Just on the way to collect.

Anyone want the wheels? M paras are going straight on

Edited by Piper

The e34 touring going then?

Yes fingers crossed.

Right - back home. Car drove like a dream, unreal trip to central London. The car was just off Sloane Square - walking out of the tube into this amazing part of London blew me away, Christmas lights et al. Really nice genuine seller. Car has come with hardly any tasty options but it has a shit load of paperwork.

Full details on the way!

Edited by Piper

Looks good. Nice price any plans....

M Paras, Contours, Alp spoiler....all I already own :mrgreen:

Would like a Andrive but need a cut price second hand jobbie

Yes fingers crossed.

Right - back home. Car drove like a dream, unreal trip to central London. The car was just off Sloane Square - it blew me away, walking out of the tube station. Lovely genuine seller. Car has come with hardly any tasty options but it has a shit load of paperwork.

Full details on the way!

Sounds like you could have a good one there... As discussed, probably had plenty of money & maintenance thrown at it. ;)

Nice refreshing colour combo too, a refreshing change from the Black, Silver & Blue cars usually on offer.

C.

Piper likes this

We should have a special club called "The Impetuous Buyers" or those who cant resist the possibility of a bargain etc.

I should be straight in that sin bin and a few others joining me re good/bad/indiferrent/and wish I hadnt bought that one types of comments over a pint or two,

Off to have a look in the daylight.

Was just going through docs and found out the car left Munich with Style 5s!!!! PANTS!