andy_ran

Andy Rans 911 (997) Turbo - Time to move on....

Are you and Jay's mrs going to get together for 4WD turbocharged Porsche meets? :)

That, with a set of winter tyres, is the ultimate all-year-round car. Would look cock-on with a roof rack, too.

You know, something like this:

6a00d83451b18a69e20133f499dc67970b-600wi

That's does look awesome! Reminds me of the snowboarder with the lambo like that

Not sure if I will do "Porsche only" stuff - possibly a bit clicky

I need to check funds, its been an expensive month so far! I am really tempted mind you :)

Google Translate : I'LL BE THERE!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I know a bunch of E28s can be quite an intimidating sight on a trackday, but I'll give you three flashes to warn before I overtake ;)

If you drive half as mad as Mark and Jamie, i think I will wave you past :)

Nice one Andy

A mate's got the same but the auto or whatever it is, His is remapped and some other bits and the bloody thing shifts, i remember taking it out for a spin a couple of times and i can honestly say it's pretty fast but get's uncomfortable on longer journey.

I'm sure you'll enjoy ;)

Drooool. Very nice indeed. Congratulations.

What were the other contenders out of curiosity?

R35 GTR

DB9 Coupe or Drop top

Maserati GC

RS6 with V10 and MTM 708hp tune

F10 M5

The 997 for me gave the best all round package

Nice one Andy

A mate's got the same but the auto or whatever it is, His is remapped and some other bits and the bloody thing shifts, i remember taking it out for a spin a couple of times and i can honestly say it's pretty fast but get's uncomfortable on longer journey.

I'm sure you'll enjoy ;)

Thanks mate. I have to agree with Dan, the 997's are mega comfortable, however i am a fair bit shorter than you

Thanks mate. I have to agree with Dan, the 997's are mega comfortable, however i am a fair bit shorter than you

I dont know it might be height but for me i defo got back pain after a while. Main thing is it fits you like a glove and is best all rounder for you.

I'v never driven any of the others on your shortlist would love the chance though.

Well i started getting a sore back so maybe it was just me.

I used to get that in my old Boxster, which was down to the seats.

Strangely, I don't get it in the 911 (the seats look the same to me, but I guess are different), but I've started to in the X5.

R35 GTR

DB9 Coupe or Drop top

Maserati GC

RS6 with V10 and MTM 708hp tune

F10 M5

The 997 for me gave the best all round package

A great choice, stunning car!

Interestingly, your short list for a replacement for your M5 looks exactly like my short list. I'm on my second M6 and feel it's time for a change. I still can't make my mind up though, but had been swaying towards a manual 997.

Think I'll wait to see how you get on before I commit :-)

It's a really hard price range IMO

The 997 just trumped all easily bar the gtr. But as a Real skyline owner (2x R32 GTRs) the 35 was just too refinded for a GTR