Joss

Diff rebuild an other work

I'm still waiting for the lower arms, track rods, and bushes to come from BMW so I can rebuild the front suspension fully. The diff on my 5 has been a bit noisy on deceleration ever since I've had it so it's time for it to get some love. It's now stripped out and ready to go to Russ at JC racing for a full rebuild and uprate anything he feels it may need. He'll also shot blast the case a s paint it so it'll look gret when it comes back. The braided lines should be installed too over the bex couple of weeks with a full flush and new super blue racing brake fluid. I've been discussing reshelling the engine at the same time as they are well worn and oil pressure is a bit low. More pucs to follow when it comes back

post-40200-0-19160600-1378537498_thumb.j

I will ask mate. Don't know how secretive Russ is but if he will oblige I will post them up here :)

First news back. Pic will follow. Diff has been stripped and is in good condition. Seals to be changed. I will be keeping the original ratio I think atm. I will be opting for a multi plate upgrade rather than single plate set up

Well the diff came back today. I'm still chasing them for pictures of the rebuild but at the moment it's looking nice

post-40200-0-79132800-1381917298.jpg

post-40200-0-41311800-1381917307_thumb.j

Question. Does anyone know of where I could obtain an alpina diff brace as it would seem prudent to fit one if I can get it.

They've done a brilliant job. But then you'd expect that from a race car builder. Hopefully I should be getting the pics any day now

Man that looks real good may I ask how much it cost. I have a LSD here I wish to install. But it would be nice to have it rebuilt as well

Bill

Full rebuild from JC racing was a tad over £700. That was all new seals, bearings, uprated LSD and make the outside presentable. They also offer different gear ratio's but that would have been more. Just a rebuild to standard spec is around £500

Edited by Joss