RichardP

Firmware V6.02-7058 and User Guide

Mein Englisch ist sehr schlecht, vielleicht kann es jemand übersetzen?!

Hallo Richard

Hast du das gelesen vom Spiegel anklappen?! Mit Doppelklick funktioniert es sehr gut, besser wie mit lange Drücken. Kannst du dies integrieren?

Wir haben bei unseren M5 Tachos in nicht M5 einen errechneten Wert für die Öltemperatur, dieser wird über den TÖNS ausgelesen, errechnet und an den Tacho geschickt. Dieser Wert kann über den iBus augelesen werden, das heisst du könntest die Öltemperatur anzeigen lassen. Es wurde eine Android App geschrieben und dies integriert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPla3xPwp4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpDj_s19ZTg&feature=youtu.be

On 15.12.2016 at 0:36 PM, RichardP said:

It's possible either the ibus is saturated or that the diagnostic messages the Intravee uses are interfering with the roof control.  Try disabling extra features by going through the disclaimer and selecting No at the end.  Non of the extra control features will work, but see if the roof works with the Intravee still connected.

OK, so if you enable Extras, but disable everything so you're not using them (especially the lights), what happens?

Dear Richard,

after further evaluation for my E46 cabrio/convertible:

If disabling IV extra features by revoking disclaimer everything works as expected.

If enabling IV extra features, but not using any of the extra features (no DLR front/rear, no tip blinking set to 4 times), roof control shows the describben delay of some seconds while opening roof shortly after switching on the ignition. It is necessary to hit roof switch twice or more, sometimes it works, sometimes it works not, sometimes it works with a delay.

So it seems to be dependend on activation of IV extra features only, isn't it?

Any chance to solve this issue?

Richard could you enable "flash to pass" even when the dip beams are switched on? There are situations here in germany where you travel with 200+ km/h on the autobahn and are happy to flash as many lights a possible when someone is suddenly moving over only 100 m in front of you with only 100 km/h. In my '03 E39 flash to pass only works when dips are switched off.

8 hours ago, X-Men said:

Mein Englisch ist sehr schlecht, vielleicht kann es jemand übersetzen?!

Hallo Richard

Hast du das gelesen vom Spiegel anklappen?! Mit Doppelklick funktioniert es sehr gut, besser wie mit lange Drücken. Kannst du dies integrieren?

Wir haben bei unseren M5 Tachos in nicht M5 einen errechneten Wert für die Öltemperatur, dieser wird über den TÖNS ausgelesen, errechnet und an den Tacho geschickt. Dieser Wert kann über den iBus augelesen werden, das heisst du könntest die Öltemperatur anzeigen lassen. Es wurde eine Android App geschrieben und dies integriert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPla3xPwp4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpDj_s19ZTg&feature=youtu.be

I don't quite understand - Google has not translated well!

How does the Oil temperature get on the iBus?

6 hours ago, chris-iv said:

Dear Richard,

after further evaluation for my E46 cabrio/convertible:

If disabling IV extra features by revoking disclaimer everything works as expected.

If enabling IV extra features, but not using any of the extra features (no DLR front/rear, no tip blinking set to 4 times), roof control shows the describben delay of some seconds while opening roof shortly after switching on the ignition. It is necessary to hit roof switch twice or more, sometimes it works, sometimes it works not, sometimes it works with a delay.

So it seems to be dependend on activation of IV extra features only, isn't it?

Any chance to solve this issue?

Sounds like for whatever reason, in your car the roof controller does not like the frequency of diagnostic requests made to the LCM.  I'll try to get a build that only requests LCM information if it's actually needed so you can test it and make sure that it is the LCM request that's causing the problem.

5 hours ago, fifficus said:

Richard could you enable "flash to pass" even when the dip beams are switched on? There are situations here in germany where you travel with 200+ km/h on the autobahn and are happy to flash as many lights a possible when someone is suddenly moving over only 100 m in front of you with only 100 km/h. In my '03 E39 flash to pass only works when dips are switched off.

The problem is that it's not easy (maybe not possible) to determine the difference between flashing your main beam and just turning it on.  So, the Intravee currently detects the dip beam state and if it's on assumes the head lights are on and disables the flash to pass lights.

I guess if you don't mind all the FTP lights being on with your main beam then that limit could be removed or made an option.

12 minutes ago, RichardP said:

The problem is that it's not easy (maybe not possible) to determine the difference between flashing your main beam and just turning it on.  So, the Intravee currently detects the dip beam state and if it's on assumes the head lights are on and disables the flash to pass lights.

I guess if you don't mind all the FTP lights being on with your main beam then that limit could be removed or made an option.

yeah i already asked for that some time ago.. i think the answer is still no.

just drive with high beam the entire way

I don't want to drive recklessly. I want to make myself felt by all available means if necessary. So I would be happy if the mentioned option would be a solution.

I don't quite understand - Google has not translated well!

How does the Oil temperature get on the iBus?

Its Calculates from the oil level sensor.

7 minutes ago, X-Men said:

Its Calculates from the oil level sensor.

So additional hardware is required and this is a 'special' message?

If so, what does the iBus message look like, can you post an example?

17 hours ago, RichardP said:

Sounds like for whatever reason, in your car the roof controller does not like the frequency of diagnostic requests made to the LCM.  I'll try to get a build that only requests LCM information if it's actually needed so you can test it and make sure that it is the LCM request that's causing the problem.

LCM = ??

If this build could be a way to solve my issue and further: if it offers using extra features like DLR front/rear and tip blinking set to 4 times , we should give this changings a chance... :)

Fw-downgrade to actual version fw-app-256 - extras V6.02-7146.zip would be possible?

Thx + regards!

Sorry for the delay.  LCM is the light control module.  

From the sound of it it's the LCM messages that are causing the problem, so you'd not be able to use any of the features that control the lights, DLRs, Sticky indicators etc.

You can go pretty much from any firmware to any other.  If there is a new feature introduced in a firmware build, it's settings will be reset to the default when you update to it but not if you downgrade to it.

On 26.6.2017 at 3:05 PM, RichardP said:

If you like we could give this attempt a chance...;)

On ‎26‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 5:25 PM, RichardP said:

So additional hardware is required and this is a 'special' message?

If so, what does the iBus message look like, can you post an example?

Hello Richard

I send you a private Message...

Hi Richard!

Is there any way to force Intravee to work in AUX mode instead of CDC? im using a carPC now, but still wants the funtions of the intravee.

Thanks in advance!

i tried to install the RCC (radio controlled clock) in my e46 since i encountered issues with the gps / intravee.. in the middle of a drive it did change the clock to whatever. I doubt it is due to Time Zone Setting being on "RDS". 

i can connect to it via tool32 and it receives good data but it wont sync my clock:-(, I really wished it would be just plug and play.

the ike had to interpret the time and then reset the BM.

I logged the ibus for quite while but there is really no communication towards the RCC. Is there a signal from the ike towards the rcc to trigger it to send the clock?

can please someone with a e39 or e38 check this?

Currently I have the issue, that at minus temperatures the Intravee displays wrong values for the outside temperature.

At -1°C the Intravee displays -128°C. Is this
problem known and is there a solution?

Could you take a quick iBus log when this is happening, the message is sent every few seconds so a 10 second log should be more than enough.  There is a sticky at the top of the forum with details of how to take the log if you've not done it before.  Either post the log file as an attachment here or as a PM.

Hello Richard,

is it possible to automatically adjust the height level of the air suspension (and maybe set it to low level) of X5 E53 when turning off the engine for better exiting comfort? Setting it back to normal level by intravee is not necessary since this is done automatically by the car when driving faster than 35 kph.

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian