RichardP

Firmware V6.02-7058 and User Guide

As always: Thank you for all the time and effort you spent on this update!

Any chances we see the option to use the RLS on Enter as well (E46)? Or won't the RLS broadcast the light status fast enough? 

Edited by rom3o

So far no one has been able to find the iBus codes for folding the Z4 mirrors, they may or may not exist.

If you have INPA and can activate them from there while logging the iBus then this may reveal them.  As far as I know, no one has actually done this, they prefer to say that it's not possible which may not be true.

Richard, i have INPA. Will see if i can find something out. Shouldn't pressing the folding button sent something over iBus or does it have to be done with INPA? 

Also, i would like to see some easter eggs like "police" style lights  :mrgreen:  would be fun if you could make something like that.

Will let you know if i found something.

Today dsp volume was again locked to -99 and volume adjustment didn't work. Ai-net power toggle probably would have helped but I was already moving, so it was just silence during that trip :(  Could you add an extra step for ai-net power toggle if volume setting fails after retry?

This seems to be a different problem to the one experienced by brianthechemist which the retry was addressed at.

Could you look in your Error log (Intravee Diagnostic menu or use the 'dumpt' console command) and see if the "PXA Control, Change Volume, To xxdB, No Ack" entries correspond to the time(s) when you get the initial lockup. Do you get these entries at any other time?

As always: Thank you for all the time and effort you spent on this update!

Any chances we see the option to use the RLS on Enter as well (E46)? Or won't the RLS broadcast the light status fast enough?

The RLS sensor is not broadcast fast enough, but all E46s (I believe) have the main light sensor as it controls the cluster illumination level, so using the 'Trigger Level' option is better anyway. The RLS sensor is really just for cars that don't support the light sensor.

Richard, i have INPA. Will see if i can find something out. Shouldn't pressing the folding button sent something over iBus or does it have to be done with INPA?

On thing we do know is that the Z4 does not send messages over the iBus for mirror control in normal use. The E46 does send message over the iBus in normal use, or at least some do, the E39, E38 and X5 do not. So the fact that the Z4 does not normally use iBus messages does not mean that they can not be controlled. In the E46 (and probably in the Z4) the iBus is directly linked to the main CAN bus, so messages sent via the OBD port can be seen on the iBus. It may be that the Intravee can send the diagnostic command to fold the mirrors over the iBus as it does with the E38, E39 and X5. It may be that even if the correct command is sent, the controlling module (probably the GM) will not respond to it.

Also, i would like to see some easter eggs like "police" style lights  :mrgreen:  would be fun if you could make something like that.

I think, partly due to the limited space in the Intravee, this is unlikely.

This seems to be a different problem to the one experienced by brianthechemist which the retry was addressed at.

Could you look in your Error log (Intravee Diagnostic menu or use the 'dumpt' console command) and see if the "PXA Control, Change Volume, To xxdB, No Ack" entries correspond to the time(s) when you get the initial lockup. Do you get these entries at any other time?

Dumpt shows lots of  "PXA Control, Change Volume, To -99dB, No Ack" from the time where I had the problem. No similar entries from other times, just those poll expected errors you noticed earlier and one "iBus Suspect Wakeup Data: 00 04 BF 02 00 B9" from today.

(That -99dB value is probably correct, I think I left the volume setting to minimum during previous car usage.)

This H800 start lockup/init error is very rare, it happened once with the earlier 7045 firmware and maybe 2-3 times with older firmwares (over one year period).

OK, could I ask you to monitor the error log regularly and see if you get any of these entries WITHOUT the lockup.

I can easily put a net restart in to the code when the log entry is created, but I'd like to be reasonably sure that the point of doing this is correct before implementing it.

Hi Richard

hope you are doing fine and that you enjoy(ed) the summertime :-)

I do have an idea/request concering the amazing window comfort closing feature. In my point of view it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. But maybe I am wrong.

As I use this feature nearly every day, it sometimes happens the following situations:

- I do not press long enough "close/lock" for the feature to be activated 

- I press "close/lock" but the Intravee went already to sleep, so the feature won't be activated

- I press "close/lock" but I am already too far from the car so the signal doesn't get to the car (z4 key-signal is horribly weak and often just works within 3-4 metres) 

- I simply forget to press for 2-3 seconds "close/lock" (shame on me, hehe)

Result:

- A lot of fresh air in the car (only positive side effect) ...lol....

- Things from the inside could get stolen or someone evil could make vandalism by throwing a liquid in the car

- Most probably result: It rains on my beautiful BMW-M leather seats while I think my car is closed. It happend last week :cry:  :cry:  (shame on me)

Dear Richard, thats why I do have to following request:

Instead of activating the comfort window closing feature by pressing 2-3 sec "close".......couldn't you please please implement it in the way that the Intravee gives the signal "close all windows" already by "locking" the car. Like that: The Intravee User exits the car (doens't matter if fully closed, half open or fully opened windows), closes/locks the car while walking away and in the same moment while locking, the Intravee closes the windows.....

Richard, that improvement would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally very helpfull and for the beauty of my leather seats much more "healty" :-)

Looking forward for your feedback and thanks sooooo much for your amazing never ending support :-)

Greets Marco

So, basically, what you are asking for is to have three options for comfort close rather then the current On/Off :

Off.

On Lock.

On Lock Hold.

I don't think that would be difficult to do. Obviously if the 'On Lock' option was selected you would not be able to leave and lock the car with the windows open at all, say on a hot day when you might want the windows open a small amount, without changing the option.

Hi Richard

Amazing as always, your fast answer :-)

As I never ever leave the windows a bit open, even not on the hottest summer day (cause of vandalism), the on lock would be perfect for me.

To give even the three options to choose from would be even more amazing. So everyone can chose as he likes it most.

I would loooove that to see implemented :-)

'disclude' hmm, is that a word! :)

With current code the Auto Close option will not work with an E53 selected.   You could try selecting the E39 type temporarily, but disable auto lock/unlock and mirror folding first.  It may or may not work, but either way let me know!

disclude - 2 definitions - to exclude or not to include; the logical opposite of include ... disclude. To leave something out of the given context, to not include. ...www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?te… -
EtymologyLatin discludere “to shut apartâ€

[edit] VerbInfinitive
to disclude
Third person singular
discludes
Simple past
discluded
Past participle
discluded
Present participle
discluding

to disclude (third-person singular simple present discludes, present participle discluding, simple past and past participle discluded)

(nonstandard) To disclose, make known. 
(nonstandard) To exclude, not include; to remove from inclusion. 
Please disclude me from further discussions on this topic. 

[edit] See alsoexclude 
include 
preclude 
Retrieved from "http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/disclude"

Hi Richard,

On thing we do know is that the Z4 does not send messages over the iBus for mirror control in normal use. The E46 does send message over the iBus in normal use, or at least some do, the E39, E38 and X5 do not. So the fact that the Z4 does not normally use iBus messages does not mean that they can not be controlled. In the E46 (and probably in the Z4) the iBus is directly linked to the main CAN bus, so messages sent via the OBD port can be seen on the iBus. It may be that the Intravee can send the diagnostic command to fold the mirrors over the iBus as it does with the E38, E39 and X5. It may be that even if the correct command is sent, the controlling module (probably the GM) will not respond to it.

I think, partly due to the limited space in the Intravee, this is unlikely.

Z4, late E46 sedan/touring/coupe (excluding M3) and X3 use GM5 LIN bus to control mirrors (ribbon cable).

There are no more mirror memory modules since ZKE5 is carrying it out.

I've last revision ZKE5_star12 on my car that can be coded to support E85,E83...

I will look at it in INPA if there is an option for folding mirrors through LIN bus.

I think so :)

Currently auto close is only enabled for the E38/E39 and E46 Late vehicle types. What car type do you have set GavM3?

Did you had time to play with comfort close/opening algorithm we discussed about?

If you need to test anything, do not hesitate :)

There is a typo in the doc Intravee_Extra_Features_Supplement_V6.02-7058.pdf

- E46 Type 1
E46 3 series using the ZKE5 Body Electronics module, generally pre-facelift cars, but some early facelift cars too.

- E46 Type 2/Z4
E46 3 series and Z4 using the ZKE5_star12 Body Electronics module, generally facelift cars.

It's ZKE5 and not ZKE4 :)

Have mine set to E46 type 1 Richard as mines am early one. Can I change it to type 2 then?

Does Auto lock or Auto Unlock work with Type I selected?   You could try Type II and see if Auto Close works, if it does I can enable it for Type I (assuming Auto Lock/Unlock works with Type I set!).