RichardP

Firmware V6.02-7058 and User Guide

There already is one...

Should be, AFAIK, but my Intravee doesn't close the windows either. Is there a "special" function i have to activate? (E39, 2002, only MID, all other Intravee functions work).

Edited by Limiter

The Intravee goes to sleep 61 seconds after the last iBus traffic, this is usually the door lock message, but when the Intravee is used for Exit lights it will be 61 seconds after the lights go out.

Hi all.

I joined this forum more as an intravee owner on advice from RichardP for the latest intravee updates.

Don't know if this is even the right place to post this.

Is there somewhere to find the latest updates?

I currently have V6.02-7132.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark

On 2/13/2016 at 1:44 PM, mwellsb9 said:

Hi all.

I joined this forum more as an intravee owner on advice from RichardP for the latest intravee updates.

Don't know if this is even the right place to post this.

Is there somewhere to find the latest updates?

I currently have V6.02-7132.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark

57 minutes ago, mc 007 said:

hello

wich is the new software for an E46 with the intravee and the cha-s634?

thx

The most recent is currently at the end of the 6.02-7109 thread, here

must get round to creating a new thread with the latest in.

1 hour ago, X-Men said:

Richard, when i use the Intravee without OEM Radio, i cant adjust the Intravee... Can you make this? So i can adjust the Intravee over MID? 

Technically it's possible, I need to look and see what it would involve.  The problem is the Intravee uses the radio to tell it when it can display text, so it would require overriding all this.

You can change the configuration with the downloader console 'exec' commands, but it's not very 'intuitive'!

Hi Richard,

I have seen the document about PXA supplement on the first page of this thread. It's about a PXA-H100 emulating the DSP menu in 16:9 screen. The features it comes with are very interesting. Special presets, subwoofer control, time correction f.e.

Did I understand the manual correctly, that the PXA will only work if my E39 is not equipped with DSP? Or is it possible for me to use the PXA-H100 in my E39 that has the individual DSP sound system (also known as M-sound system, NOT the normal DSP!). It think this would be a nice feature to make the best out of the individual DSP.

Edited by fifficus

Whichever dactory audio system you have, you will need to remove or disconnect and replace pretty much everything that comes after the radio module.  The PXA processor will manipulate the audio signal input and provide line level output to 6 channels, you then need to provide new amps and probabably speakers. It's very difficult but not impossible to reuse the speakers due to the active crossover system used on the factory Hi-Fi and DSP amps.

Hi Richard, new Intravee user here and I am looking for a link for attachment with the latest firmware version. Could you kindly point me in the right direction?

thanks,

tmaxx445

Just attaching the latest firmware here, not a lot of changes from 6.02-7140 in the link above, just a fix for the Over Rev warning on some cars that had a 'smart' thermostat.  Under load these thermostats can reduce the engine temperature to below 75 C which causes the Over Rev warning when hammering down the Autobahn at over 200kph!  The fix is to test the highest temperature seen before the other temp/rpm pairs, if the max temperature is higher than 75 then the warning is not shown.

fw-app-256 - extras V6.02-7145.zip

You can go directly between any versions.  There are one or two exceptions, but there have been none for a long time. The last one was caused because the firmware size grew and it took longer than the timer in the bootloader to calculate the checksum - but that was before V6.0.

On 12.6.2015 at 6:07 PM, RichardP said:
On 12.6.2015 at 5:12 PM, chris-iv said:

Question:

Is it possible to include red rear lights in 'Light control'? There is some space in right column... :cool:

For example in some Norwegian coded cars (Audi for example) daylight running lights could be activated on front and back of car...

Yes, it's possible, I'll have to look into exactly what's required, maybe very simple, may require some reorganisation.

Hello,

first: Did you get an option for activating red rear lights in 'Light control' too if DRL is activated?

Second, another question:

On E46 cabrio/convertible (4/2005) there is a new delay of some seconds while opening roof shortly after switching on the ignition. It is necessary to hit roof switch twice or more, sometimes it works, sometimes it works not, sometimes it works with a delay...

Additionally a 'roof module' is added, which releaves driver from keeping roof button hold while opening/closing the roof.

In my opinion delay did occur after upgrading IV firmware to v6.02-7127, but I am not shure about, and I am not shure if this is an IV associated issue!? Any hint?

Thx and best regards, Chris

Hello Richard, in case you are going to activate rear lights in combination with DRL (which I would appreciate) I would recommend to not activate illumination of the instrument cluster. This is often the case at new cars. They have illumination of the instrument cluster when switching ignition on or running the engine. Normally the instrument cluster is only illuminated when the low beam is switched on. So people might think that low beam is switched on because the cluster is illuminated. They forget about it being illuminated all the time. This leads to people driving with their DRL instead of low beam at night. I have seen it far too often. Let's not support this dangerous issue.

stop wasting memory for DLR!!!

We have day and we have night. 

lights off and lights on.

Intravee is for Entertainment environement and lets concentrate on that.

why do you wanr rear DRL? do you fear someone hits your tail at day? If so, it is dark, so switch your lights on.

lights at daytime is not cool neither save! Keep in mind that the road participats without light will be easyliy overseen.

stop wasting memory for DLR!!!

We have day and we have night. 

lights off and lights on.

Intravee is for Entertainment environement and lets concentrate on that.

why do you wanr rear DRL? do you fear someone hits your tail at day? If so, it is dark, so switch your lights on.

lights at daytime is not cool neither save! Keep in mind that the road participats without light will be easyliy overseen.

????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, fifficus said:

Hello Richard, in case you are going to activate rear lights in combination with DRL (which I would appreciate) I would recommend to not activate illumination of the instrument cluster....

+1

Btw: Webservers SSL/TLS cert for secure login has been expired.:P

Attached is 6.02-7146, Rear Side lights included in the DRL options.  I've not tested this in my car so it may not work or even cause odd things to happen when you select the option so please test that it woks in your car!!

fw-app-256 - extras V6.02-7146.zip