RichardP

Firmware V6.02-7058 and User Guide

I've updated to the latest firmware recently. The warning that appears when you accelerate too much when the engine is cold is a very nice new feature. As well as the engine overheat chime. Thanks a lot for that  :)

Maybe you can add a new feature for the light control? I would rejoice over flashing high beams. Here are two examples:

(without the strobos of course, this is rubbish)

I would be glad if you could add this or a similar feature to your next firmware version :)

Gear display would be possible for Automatics, but I'd have thought if you can't see the cluster you'd not be able to see the monitor clearly either.

It would be a very useful option!

This is very likely to be impossible, but I'll ask anyway: Would the Intravee be able to reset the RPA (tire pressure monitor)?

On E46s with a MK60 DSC modul (and probably all BMWs with it?) the RPA can be coded by simply adding it's SA.

The draw-back is: If "retrofitted" like this, you'll always have to use INPA to reset/initialize the RPA.

I know that the Intravee works different from INPA, but maybe the reset is done by some IBUS commands that can be triggered by the IV? :)

If it's possible to do the reset from INPA then it may be possible.

If you can do the reset from INPA then try taking an iBus log while doing it.

To my mind not all MK60 DSC support RPA.

RPA is managed by DSC that is accessed by IKE only with CAN bus.

So we may encounter the same issue as when trying to enable IKE gong through KBUS...

I haven't tested the DSC/RPA thing yet, but I noticed, that my clock is going one hour off since the DST switch.

The DST setting was set to "Use RDS", I had to change it manually to "1" in order to get the correct time.

Is this as it's meant to be or are any other settings that might prevent the Intravee from adjusting the time to DST?

Edited by rom3o

Just trying to get to the bottom of a couple of problems, I don't want to put up firmware for general use with known issues.

With some radios the RDS DST zone data is only sent when listening to the radio. The Intravee will remember the RDS DST setting once it's seen, but when it changes you need top listen to the radio for a few minutes for the Intravee to pick up the change. No idea why this should be the case, but it is.

So, I set DST back to "Use RDS" yesterday and have been listing to radio since: The time display did switch to the correct time - at least yesterday. When I started the car today, it was still perfect but changed after a couple of minutes to be two hours off (-2). It took a while afterwards until it switched back to GMT +1 DST. I spent some time shopping and when I got back into the car I observed exactly the same behavior.

Later this day, same story except it didn't switch to -2 hours but +8,5 hours (?!?) and again took a while to correct itself back.

Stupidly, I never thought about trying another station, so I'll check this during the next days.

Is it possible to log the RDS messages the Intravee reads from the radio? Maybe there is something weird in the broadcast.

I wouldn't mind adjusting the DST setting manually; since it only has to be done twice a year, it's not exactly inconveniencing. :)

Edited by rom3o

If you do an iBus log then the time information message from the radio will be logged. It's possible that the radio station is broadcasting the wrong time, although I doubt it would be out by so much. If you're having problems with it, probably best to just switch to a manual 0 or +1 adjustment.

Richard,

First, many thanks for all the excellent work!

My car is a 2005 E46 and I have 3 questions/issues:

1.  I enabled the entry and exit lights (upon lock/unlock) and turned on the front fogs and rear brake lights.  The fogs work great, but I cannot get any of the rear lights to turn on when selected via the menue to do so.

2.  I enabled DLRs (Fog lamps) and the MID display (gear selection+temperature/mileage/etc) is dimmed as it would with the headlights on.  Is there a way to not have it dim?

3.  I enabled the Auto Unlock (upon removal of the key).  The driver door unlocks, but the passenger does not.

Thanks!

My car is a 2005 E46 and I have 3 questions/issues:

1.  I enabled the entry and exit lights (upon lock/unlock) and turned on the front fogs and rear brake lights.  The fogs work great, but I cannot get any of the rear lights to turn on when selected via the menue to do so.

That's strange. Do you know if your LCM (Light Control Module) has been changed at any point?

2.  I enabled DLRs (Fog lamps) and the MID display (gear selection+temperature/mileage/etc) is dimmed as it would with the headlights on.  Is there a way to not have it dim?

The cluster illumination value is part of the message that controls all the lights. In the E39 the illumination is always set to full unless the lights are on, but in the E46 they can be controlled all the time. The problem is that, as I don't have an E46 to test thoroughly, the actual values to use are a bit of a stab in the dark! The meaning of the values seems to change depending if the lights are on or not.

3.  I enabled the Auto Unlock (upon removal of the key).  The driver door unlocks, but the passenger does not.

That's probably because you have selective locking enabled. In some cars selective locking changes the way auto unlock works, in others it doesn't. It would probably be possible for the Intravee to issue a double unlock command but I'm not sure if it would work.

Just this past weekend, I upgraded to the new firmware. I am running a SIR-ALP1 Sirius tuner straight into the Intravee with nothing else.

Prior to the update, the Intravee was working fine. I now have a problem with the split screen option for the nav system in my 2006 Z4M. If I switch to the map screen and back again with the dash button which switches the screens between nav and sat radio, the screen is either blank or has only part of the info. Tuning up or down and returning to the original station restores the screen info.

It appears that somewhere along the upgrade path a screen refresh has been left out.

Thanks!

That's quite strange. The Intravee has a display status mechanism that causes display updates based on the content and the event that's occurred that might cause a display update. Switching the display should cause the entire display to update, but only indirectly because the radio updates it and the Intravee then overwrites what the radio updates.

Do you have the 'Audio Text' option enabled? Press the 'Info' button while on the Intravee source, then make sure the 'Audio Text' option is not selected.

Could you take an iBus log of the update failing, that should show what's happening (or not happening).

I will check the Audio Text option this evening. If you can point me to the thread with iBus logging instructions I will do that as well.

Thanks for the quick response! As usual the customer service is exemplary!

That's quite strange. The Intravee has a display status mechanism that causes display updates based on the content and the event that's occurred that might cause a display update. Switching the display should cause the entire display to update, but only indirectly because the radio updates it and the Intravee then overwrites what the radio updates.Do you have the 'Audio Text' option enabled? Press the 'Info' button while on the Intravee source, then make sure the 'Audio Text' option is not selected.Could you take an iBus log of the update failing, that should show what's happening (or not happening).

I am unable to set Audio Text after pressing info button. All I can do is set Nav Vol. relative to main volume.

Attach the file here or to a PM (select 'More Reply Options' or 'Use Full Editor' then use the attach option at the bottom) or e-mail it to Richard.parkinson7@ntlworld.com

Richard: Haven't received replys to the Intravee init problems PM message chain in two weeks. Are you just busy or did this board again make my PM messages disappear?