Samuk

Screen, radio, cd etc not working - Help..

Hi

My Sat Nav screen has stopped working, aswell as my radio cd etc..

Also noticed I don't hear the beeps for not wearing the seatbelt..

Have a long drive home..anyone got any idea's of what could be wrong...

Is this fuse related..? If so does anyone know which one..

Thanks

Thanks Horsey..

Yep a 2008

Passenger Comp. fusebox (typical)

F34 - radio

F35 - navigation

F38 - cd changer

Luggage Com. fusebox (typical)

F73 - amplifier

F75 - radio, video control unit *I would start with this one*

F79 - central information display, iDrive * and this one*

Hope this helps.

Horsey

Thanks..all ok in the boot..

Some fuses are missing in the glove box..though I don't think this is the issue..but odd some are missing

Yeah unfortunately these are 'typical configurations'. It seems BMW change them - at least that's what the Haynes Manual implies.

Horsey

Ah..you think the user manual has the correct ones?

It's odd as the pic in the boot for the fuses in the glove box state there should be a fuse but there ain't none..

If you have fuse cards in the car they might be more accurate. Though, it's hard to say, seems hit or miss.

It's strange if there is suppose to be a fuse in there.

Horsey

presuming it was all working a while ago, then i doubt if fuses can change places. I'd plumb for Baus's explanation or a module failure in the boot area

My iDrive is intermittent, doesn't always boot up, but when it isn't working I still hear the warning gongs for low tyre pressure, seatbelt etc and still hear the beep from the parking sensors. But a few months back everything went dead just like you - no audible gongs, no beeps from the parking sensors. It was like this for 2-3 weeks. Then my car went into the bodyshop to get a car park ding fixed, and when it came back it was back to normal - yes still an intermittent iDrive, but all the warning gongs were back and the parking sensors. In the bodyshop it had the battery disconnected and that can be the only thing that cured it, in my case. Or maybe they also had the battery on a charger while it was out I don't know, So, you could do worse then disconnecting the battery for a few hours. That seems to be what cured mine of this problem. 

I do have other issues at the moment, it looks like I may need a new battery. The problem could be battery or IBS related. What state is yours in ?

Edited by Tuvoc

Unsure - as the battery seems fine..?

car started ok, the fans are working fine..

unsure if my heaters are working – its blowing out cold air..noticed this as it was cold this morning lol

I turned the dial to the right fully, the car was hot, but no hot air inside – unsure if related..

Last night’s drive was not too bad, as I was tired! But this morning to work was boring as hell!

Have also tried the resetting of the i-Drive, pressing the 2 eject buttons and the stereo on off button while the cars on.

Getting desperate now..as going away soon..

shall i pop to an indi - they charge £30 to plug a computer onto it..if i am all out of options..?

Edited by Samuk

The more i look on the net, the more im thinking this will be a costly fix!

Called PMW - not the usually helpful response but i was told the ccc will be over £1000?

So...Anyone? 

il try the disconnecting and reconnecting the battery in an hour when i go on my lunch.

The cd changer did make some noises when i pulled the fuse in the glove box..

at the moment no button is responding.. 

Hi Guys mine is knackered, just upgraded my warranty to include multimedia thank god. Warrant wise is very good and are replacing. My local independent is doing it and you actually get the upgraded ccc with the blue screen

Right..i Drive now working, though it says SOS failure..

music is working...will test the rest when i leave to go home. 

i banged the dash a few times above the screen and the i-drive knob with my hand...  :shock:     :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

i found many posts and threads - but this method was not mentioned anywhere.. lol

Edited by Samuk

i banged the dash a few times above the screen and the i-drive knob with my hand...  :shock:     :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

i found many posts and threads - but this method was not mentioned anywhere.. lol

My money's on a loose connection then!

Glad you fixed it. Even if it was in an untraditional method!

You banged your knob??? bet that hurt  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

lol..

only issue i am seeing is the date, mileage keeps resetting every time i turn the car off...

i did have a battery discharge warning, but this went away..maybe due to me disconnecting the battery..?