goosiegander

Compounding and polishing Lachs Silver Bonnet

Having nothing better to do one evening i thought i'd see how well the Lachs bonnet on the Sport would come up:

DSCF3342_zpsce45101a.jpg

DSCF3347_zps570dcc8b.jpg

DSCF3349_zps15a5dfa8.jpg

DSCF3352_zpse51ceeda.jpg

DSCF3353_zps2e30678e.jpg

DSCF3354_zpsd3c1041c.jpg

out came the claybar... claybar,claybar,claybar... :D

DSCF3355_zps484028ec.jpg

I can barely see that nice young lady's thong in the reflection, not good enough!

DSCF3357_zps5a758662.jpg

Left of picture compounded

DSCF3361_zpsb465db1a.jpg

Getting better

DSCF3369_zpsdf3c6a25.jpg

DSCF3368_zps9f2eaebf.jpg

DSCF3367_zps9295692e.jpg

Further pictures later today :D

No Worries Dave,

Free any time after weekend following next as it stands as i have a 5 series to pamper!

Is your boot lid still looking the part?

:)

Boot lid had a pheasant run all over it so that hasn't helped! Plus I've drilled some holes into it and fitted my new spoiler :wink:

I'll fire you a text :P

Having nothing better to do one evening i thought i'd see how well the Lachs bonnet on the Sport would come up:

Lovely job on the bonnet. :cool:

Is now a bad time to tell you that the rest of your silver E30 is knackered? :lol:

Lovely job on the bonnet. 8)

Is now a bad time to tell you that the rest of your silver E30 is knackered? :lol:

Perfect time sir!

Every other panel on the car needs paint, if I decide to restore it i'll find a lachs silver breaker and replace as many of the panels as possible.

For the sake of dipping the bare shell at £1500 and some mig action she'd be a lovely car, as it stands shes rough round the edges and lots of fun, wait, that sounded wrong...

Perfect time sir!

Every other panel on the car needs paint, if I decide to restore it i'll find a lachs silver breaker and replace as many of the panels as possible.

For the sake of dipping the bare shell at £1500 and some mig action she'd be a lovely car, as it stands shes rough round the edges and lots of fun, wait, that sounded wrong...

:lol: Sounds right to me!  But then I'm a bit wrong myself (or so the wife tells me!) :P

Is the car sound underneath (i.e. oily bits, sills, chassis, etc.)?  If it's just the bodywork letting the side down, the car as a whole might be worth saving. :)

:lol: Sounds right to me!  But then I'm a bit wrong myself (or so the wife tells me!) :P

Is the car sound underneath (i.e. oily bits, sills, chassis, etc.)?  If it's just the bodywork letting the side down, the car as a whole might be worth saving. :)

The mechanicals of the car are spot on and that's part of the charm, looking at it and getting in before turning the key you expect it to drive like a complete POS but no, key in good clean start and then it's on to attacking the road...

The shell itself is about average for an e30 of it's age yes there is rust but not the sort that will compromise the shell's structure.

I imagine there about 50 or so pre-facelift sports on the road at the moment with a ticket and being used.

The big point is that in the last 5 years E30 numbers have dropped off rapidly for tin worm related issues that a rarer car would otherwise inspire enthusiasts to sort out.

If someone was buying a car to bare metal resto, this aside from the lack of original history would be a good choice IMO.