Funknhell

How to install E60 Subwoofer?!?

Evening All!

I have seen a number if times now BMW Under seat Subs on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E60-E61-5-SERIES-SALOON-TOURING-SUBWOOFER-SUB-WOOFER-RIGHT-65136919354-/161036873031?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item257e8bad47

Is it simply just a case of buying, installing and Enjoying? or don't all models come pre wired? or will coding be required to activate the feature? Mine is a 525d Msport on a 2005.

In additon, some on offer are for Right hand seat others are for the left. If this steering wheel side dependant or user preference? reason for this question is..... can you install one under each seat?

Cheers Again!

Allan

$T2eC16Z,!zEE9s3!Yb((BRp7+bfKrg~~60_57.J

From research and also looking under the seats of my e60 lci I have noticed there are speakers underneath each front seat - drivers and passengers side - when searching on ebay thats why its probs showing you left and right ones

Yes he sound quality is poor. You need to go down the aftermarket sub route if you want to improve the sound. There is a simple tweeter upgrade where you drop the tweeters from the logic system in to the void by the mirrors. This will improve the high end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The aftermarket sub..... Is that going to require a separate amp to run?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it will mate.

Realistically it will cost you about 300 quid for quality components.

Yes he sound quality is poor. You need to go down the aftermarket sub route if you want to improve the sound. There is a simple tweeter upgrade where you drop the tweeters from the logic system in to the void by the mirrors. This will improve the high end.

Really? How hard is the tweeter space to get into, and are the wires already there? I had no idea about the underseat speakers either!

Really? How hard is the tweeter space to get into, and are the wires already there? I had no idea about the underseat speakers either!

It's a door card off job but the cabling is already there. Just buy the tweeters from bmw or eBay if your lucky and it's a plug and play job.

Edited by Crespo

Allan,

Depending on the speaker set up your car left the factory with, you can either have a full range or sub's under the seats basic audio has the full range speakers the more exotic professional / logic, has the sub's.  They are not huge only about 5 1/2" but would help to change to the sub woofer / cross over set up with tweeters in the door.

Also from time to time you see the full professional set up for sale usually from ebay in the US though but these are the full 12 speakers etc

Allan,

Depending on the speaker set up your car left the factory with, you can either have a full range or sub's under the seats basic audio has the full range speakers the more exotic professional / logic, has the sub's. They are not huge only about 5 1/2" but would help to change to the sub woofer / cross over set up with tweeters in the door.

Also from time to time you see the full professional set up for sale usually from ebay in the US though but these are the full 12 speakers etc

More determined than ever now! Is it a front seat out job to start the investigation?

I have been looking on eBay and did see the US had the logic 7 setup but seamed minus the amp for around £300 without postage

More determined than ever now! Is it a front seat out job to start the investigation?

I have been looking on eBay and did see the US had the logic 7 setup but seamed minus the amp for around £300 without postage

Stick your hand under the seat and you will feel the grill for the sub. All e60s have a sub under the front seats. All logic does is add tweeters, more mids and an amp.

Don't waste your time with logic as it is really not that great.

If you really want decent sound quality drop some jl audio mids and tweeters in the front doors and a jl audio 12 inch sub and amp in the boot. This will set you back about £400 and will sound 10 times better than the not really that good logic system.

Where are the oem amps installed and is it possible to put a aftermarket one there? I am looking to keep the factory look but drag the sound quality kicking and screaming up-todate!!!

How deep is the sub section under the seats?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is possible to squeeze a 8 inch sub in there but you only have 50 mm of mounting depth. So funding a sub that will fit won't be easy. The factory amp for logic etc is behind the carpet on the arch in the boot. You could mount the amp high on the rear seat and install a custom boot build for the e60 where the sub fits the recess either side of the boot opening. There is a guy who sells these on eBay for 100 quid. They are carpeted the lot and make a very good stealth build. This route would give the best sound and you wouldn't lose much boot space.

There are 2 subs that will fit under the seat that is the earthquake sws-8 or the jehnert kit from here http://www.celsusice.co.uk/shopappl_speaker.php this also supplies mids and tweeters. I had this installed in my e60 with a jl audio amp and a audision bit one controlling it huge improvement and still keeping the oem looks, mind you it was not cheap but i was not interested in buying cheap. 

If you really want decent sound quality drop some jl audio mids and tweeters in the front doors and a jl audio 12 inch sub and amp in the boot. This will set you back about £400 and will sound 10 times better than the not really that good logic system.

Agreed on the mids and tweeters - as long as they're amplified.

But you can get a superb sound out of the factory sub locations if you use a decent aftermarket 8" sub in each and retain more boot space.