staffordcox

Gauging interest for a South East meet.....

Go for may, that way it only took two years to arrange.

Lol but i started in Dec ;) so 6months isn't too bad haha

Cool i think April/May is good, weather should be good too! The 23/24 weekend in May i'm off abroad so no can do.

Is everyone happy with that? I'll create a new thread in due course

Edited by Mr. Shaz H

Have a few locations in mind (all in Kent) and have rang most of them and they all advised to ring a month in advance just in case they have a party booking for Sundays.

The Woodman - TN14 6BU

Ship & Trade – ME4 3ER

Newham Court Inn – ME17 1PG

American Diner Ashford – TN24 9JZ

The Aiport Café Ashford - TN25 6DA ‎

The Squirrel Inn - TN33 9LJ ‎

Haven’t been to any as of yet but from google satellite and street view, the car parks are a good size to cater for a good number of us.

I think we should sort out a date and time and work around that as any of the above locations seem to be a good spot for a meet and from reviews the food isn’t bad either.

American Diner is by a garden centre so has a pretty large car park but only has setting for about 40 - 50 people inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From previous interest it looks like we can get together a good 15-20 of us so should be fine I’m hoping. Or we can have 2 sittings, either way, we need to get everyone together somehow – the forum5 meets are slowly fading :(

Also if it's a nice enough day, we take away the food and eat by our cars etc

Edited by Mr. Shaz H

We used to have a regular slot (2nd Saturday of the month) at the diner.   It all died off due to general apathy and I never pushed it as I did not have my car for ages.  Would be good to get something regular going again actually although the diner is not as good as it used to be, the prices have gone up and the food is not as good or generous as it was.

Ah cool. I wouldn’t mind a regular meet.

Let’s see how the interest on this goes and maybe we can organise something for the near future months

We used to have a regular slot (2nd Saturday of the month) at the diner. It all died off due to general apathy and I never pushed it as I did not have my car for ages. Would be good to get something regular going again actually although the diner is not as good as it used to be, the prices have gone up and the food is not as good or generous as it was.

They still do the best pancakes with hot fudge sauce though :)

Damn I want to go there now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk